My sons new shop, we put up the rafters.

/ My sons new shop, we put up the rafters.
Thanks for posting the pictures Beez fun. Like the receiver idea.

/ My sons new shop, we put up the rafters. #12  
Thanks for posting the pictures Beez fun. Like the receiver idea.

I stole that idea from someone on the forum. It's nice because I can buy any kind of gizmo that fits a standard receiver and slap it on there.

/ My sons new shop, we put up the rafters. #13  
that looks like wat he's got. only self powered:thumbsup:

Good way of putting it. I actually have scaffolding with wheels, but it doesn't roll so well through 12" of mud, or gravel, or wood chips, or snow, or grass or ...

/ My sons new shop, we put up the rafters. #14  
Roy, good job getting that done using brain power. It looks like a work platform built on the ROPS of that other smaller tractor?...if so great idea! I also built a "Manlift Cage" for my tractor FEL and it has come in so handy I think everyone should have one for their tractor.

Here is the boom I built to raise the arches of my 30x50 Quonset Hut:
bracingfirstarch.jpg

firstarchgoingupWinCE.jpg

Manlift cage I built out of a tractor shipping crate frame:
Foamboard003.jpg

Notice I also built a steel roof and added two forward supports for it on my tractor. That roof is also a terrific stable platform to stand on and do tasks that I can drive the tractor under.

/ My sons new shop, we put up the rafters. #15  
Keep in mind, we can always add lift height to any tractor FEL...simply build something that sits on top of the forks or bucket. I needed a about two more feet of lift height when setting this 32' I beam in place, so I just used blocks to make up the difference:
44Ibeam013.jpg

44Ibeam011.jpg

/ My sons new shop, we put up the rafters.
Nice pictures Motor Seven. Cabin looks very nice.

/ My sons new shop, we put up the rafters. #17  
My dad had a forklift at his construction shop in the 80s, and the forks could be flipped if you needed extra height or a different configuration for a task. In a few rare cases, we did that and it really helped. I have not see many like that since then.