My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #11  
The Chevy diesel of 10 years ago is more like a crabapple... I wouldn't use one of those to power a generator!

A 10 year old green tractor, though, is a whole different story...

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #12  
Which diesel did they use in 2000?

It must have been pretty well used up if it qualified for a clunker.

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #13  
Until the Duramax was introduced I don't think you could say that Chevy had a diesel! I'm a Ford guy, but I don't believe the 1-ton GM offerings were worth a crap until the Duramax came on the scene...

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #14  
When I was shopping just a few short months ago, I was seeing used prices within 2,000 dollars of a new one.
5 to 10 years old.....1500 hours, no thanks.

Don

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #15  
I bought my new NH 3040 with loader and bush hog for 21. I've seen 5-8 year old equal tractors (from NH) for that same money. crazy.

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #16  
One thing to keep in mind when shopping for your tractor, some used tractors maybe selling high compaired to todays new prices because some brands are selling new units with frontend loaders under the free loader program.

I've been looking at different local papers to see what some of the used units are selling, and they are selling as high as some of my new units.

Many brands may not have been selling units with free loaders years back when the economy was better.

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #17  
There are good used deals out there but it takes time to find them. For example last April I bought a Mahindra 2615 (220 hrs) with FEL, canopy, quick hitch, Rhino 5' rc, 5' Woods tiller, PHD with 2 augers, middle buster, 6' bb, boom pole, and 18' trailer with brakes and fold up ramps for $14,500. I helped a friend buy a Mahindra 2816 (77 hrs) with FEL and 5' bb for $11,500 this past fall. I looked for year and there are some unreal prices out there and some junk but if you want to save a few bucks it can be done. Good luck finding the right tractor for your needs at a price you feel comfortable with.

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #18  
I went with the L2800 hydro with FEL and industrial tires. It was in stock.
(Hope to see it delivered soon.)

It has a step, important if you have had knee problems.

FEL is removable

Good dealer network and lots of L series in the field.

Looked at New Holland T1510, it would have been a little less. JD 3032E is cheaper, but harder we looked, less we liked it.

Got good trade-in for my 25 year-old Ford 1510

We wanted mmm at first but EVERY dealer said unless our land is very flat to go with finish mower. They also pretty strongly recommended the L series since we do some bush-hogging.

My test drive at the dealer was like a dream.. it is better than my truck.

/ My thoughts on tractor shopping yesterday #19  
Congrats on your new tractor.

Let the fun begin.

Safe tractoring to you.!!