Need a front wheel seal on Cub Cadet

/ Need a front wheel seal on Cub Cadet #11  
Probably not a lot of demand for the part, you might want to buy two if he has both - maybe offer $150-200 for one and $300 for two? Shipping is going to be $$ and need a sturdy wood box or small pallet.

/ Need a front wheel seal on Cub Cadet
Not a bad idea. I got pretty lucky. The place I found is less than 2 hour’s from my house. I’ll go pick it up.

/ Need a front wheel seal on Cub Cadet #13  
First off, give it a bath so you don't get all that crap inside the housing and did you try Cub Cadet's (MTD) website per chance? If I can get replacement parts for my ancient Troy Bilt tiller from MTD's parts website, I bet you can as well.

I don't deal with Messicks as a rule, their ship cost is way out of line.

I did try cub cadet (MTD) sight. I don’t think I mentioned it but they didn’t have it. He suggested taking it apart and see if there were any numbers on it and look online at a seal or bearing place.
Thanks anyway.

/ Need a front wheel seal on Cub Cadet #15  
I did try cub cadet (MTD) sight. I don’t think I mentioned it but they didn’t have it. He suggested taking it apart and see if there were any numbers on it and look online at a seal or bearing place.
Thanks anyway.
Jg1, If all you need is the seal, it'd probably be cheapest to just do that. Take it apart, get the numbers off the old seal and match it up to a universal replacement. seems a lot cheaper than 250 - 300 dollars - unless you actually need the whole assembly?

I already started to take it apart.
I figured I could get the whole housing if needed, so why not take it apart.
Looking at the service manual, I see there might be a couple of O rings I’ll need to get.
I’ll see what happens.

/ Need a front wheel seal on Cub Cadet #17  
Front axle design looks alot like what ISEKI uses on Massey Ferguson and other tractors.... Its pretty simple front end but the only real nasty is the "C" clip on the bottom of the vertical shaft.... Seal may be two piece, both on horizontal and vertical plane...

Scroll down to : Replace Axle Steering Spindle Oil Seal

My Cub is all fixed. Taking it apart wasn’t that bad except for the two bolts on top of the housing. They wouldn’t come lose, I sprayed liquid wrench on them a couple of times through the day and let it soak over night. The next day I still couldn’t get them lose. I only have a 3/8 ratchet for metric so I put a box end wrench on the bolt with a 16” pipe on the end of it.
I was afraid I was going to snap the bolt head off so I stopped. Called my brother in-law, he suggested to hit the top of it a couple of times with a hammer. After about 4 or 5 hit’s it came lose. I took the seal to the local implement dealer who I’ve been talking with and left it with him. The next day he said he found one that he thinks would work. He was able to get it the following day. The only difference was the new one had like a small coil spring on the inside to keep tension on the outside of the seal. (I don’t know if I’m saying that right).
He said the only thing he worried about is if the spring would put too much pressure on the side of the seal and wear out. A day later I took home the seal and two O rings that I needed to replace.
Just finished putting it all together, took it for a ride and no leaks. I can’t believe how lucky I am. Thing’s don’t usually go that good with finding a replacement part that will work. (So far anyway).
FYI, the tractor junk dealer wanted $1,500 for the whole swivel housing assembly. I don’t know, there’s a lot of parts to that assembly but I didn’t want to pay that much money. The implement dealer told me at the most my 7195 was only worth $5,000 I thought that was a fair price for a 1997 compact tractor.
Sometimes it helps to talk things through with someone else. Thanks for your input.

/ Need a front wheel seal on Cub Cadet #19  
Excellent news and kudos to your local dealer too. And the junk dealer really likes that part - he will likely have it to enjoy for a long time at that price!