Need advice L3901 to a CTL or skid steer

/ Need advice L3901 to a CTL or skid steer
3 inch wheel spacers really improved the feel of my Kubota on slopes.
I thought that spacers were a nono for insurance and warranty??

/ Need advice L3901 to a CTL or skid steer #12  
I thought that spacers were a nono for insurance and warranty??
I don't have insurance or a warranty. The machine is paid for so that is a non-issue. I've had a few tractors over 25-30 yrs, never needed either of the above.
Your best insurance and warranty is choosing a proven model, proper care, and operation

/ Need advice L3901 to a CTL or skid steer #13  
I don't have insurance or a warranty. The machine is paid for so that is a non-issue. I've had a few tractors over 25-30 yrs, never needed either of the above.
Your best insurance and warranty is choosing a proven model, proper care, and operation

Insurance is required for tractors with a loan against them. Finance companies require full coverage.

I'm a skid steer fan myself. I specifically chose one over a tractor for my uses. I will warn you though, that side slopes and washouts and such post a great risk to throwing a track on the CTL's. And good luck getting one back on by yourself in the middle of the woods with no other machine available.

Yes, attachments are more expensive, but they are usually much more robust. Just the tooth bucket for mine is 750lbs. My grapple is over 900. So the cost is made up for in steel and engineering. I don't really know what to suggest without seeing your layout and what you're working with. I agree with what someone else said though...rent one for a long weekend and try to do a little bit of everything you normally would with your tractor.

/ Need advice L3901 to a CTL or skid steer #14  
Do yourself a favour and rent or hire one of these, will probably do in 1 day what took you 700 hours on a SCUT
1702636621949.jpeg

A CTL is better at what you are looking for but won't be as effective as a 6-way dozer