Need Advice "Stamped or Fabricated"?

/ Need Advice "Stamped or Fabricated"? #11  
... they are not Kohlers. These run Kubota engines. They are slowing rolling their own gas engine in and getting rid of the Kohlers with stickers.

/ Need Advice "Stamped or Fabricated"? #13  
I concur with the HD deck. It's built like a tank. That Kubota ZTR mower, with or without diesel, is a great mower.

/ Need Advice "Stamped or Fabricated"?
It just occured to me that, aren't all the mowing decks on the B-BX belly mowers stamped decks? Don't know what gauge steele they are, but they seem to hold up just fine. Just curious!

/ Need Advice "Stamped or Fabricated"? #15  
The 48 in fine cut mid Mount Mower deck on my new BX1860V weighs more than what I want to pick up. I guess 3 to 400 lbs, It has a pto driven gearbox on it.

/ Need Advice "Stamped or Fabricated"? #16  
From what I've seen it is easier to get a stamped deck to cut better then it is a fabricated deck. Wind doesn't like square corners!!!!!

We never had fabricated decks until they started watering lawns in Florida and they needed to get cut all year. The sand that they test the decks on in the winter blasts them clean and leaves the metal with a sandblasted clean look.

Here in the northeast it is rare to find a deck that can't last more then ten years that is stamped unless they are grading the lawn.

/ Need Advice "Stamped or Fabricated"? #17  
I've had my 222 for 2 seasons and about 50 hours. I have the stamped deck. In fact I've had stamped decks for nearly 30 years on 4 different mowers. I've never had a dent, rust or any failure. My current home has about 2.5 acres of lawn. I can knock it down in about 1.5 hours with a mulch attachment (very good by the way) and my ipod pumping tunes through noise cancelling headphones. As a homeowner, I don't think a fab deck is gonna add any life to my mower - or my pocketbook. The mower is exceptional. It's fast, accurate, bulletproof and just plain fun to run.

Almost as much fun as my Honda s2000..........Just do it

Mike