need direction / suggestions

/ need direction / suggestions #1  

ctgoldwing

Platinum Member
Tractor
L3800HST
I just bought & took home a 1997 F350 dually 4wd diesel from the company I work for. Although it has 170K miles on it it has been extremely well maintained. It currently has a 10' flatbed with racks & a welded pipe rack on it as well as an electric liftgate.
I hope to use it for general use perhaps even putting a plow on it and I want to get a trailer to pull my L3400. My son who trailers his racecar around suggests I get a gooseneck. I have no clue.
Is it even possible to hook up a conventional trailer hitch without losing the liftgate? If I go to a gooseneck do I lose anything in the bed when not trailering something?
I could really use some knowledgeable help.

Thanks!

/ need direction / suggestions #2  
My buddy I go to foot ball games with has a 3/4 ton Dodge with a lift gate and pulls Bumper Pull trailers weekly. Before you pull the trigger on a GN think it out. I had one and did not care for it all together. Yes it pulled nice but the BP was much more user friendly, allowed me to use my bed, pull with SUV, ect. I sold mine and now have a BP and never looked back. Driving a F350 like you and I do you would be fine going upto 16K on the bumper assuming the hitch is up to the task.

Chris