Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch

/ Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch #1  

cjah

Tractor
Ford 5610 II 4WD / Ford 3910
Bought a 3910 that needs a complete 3 point hitch setup (lift arms, leveling arms, and stabilizers). Would like to find a complete setup off a salvage tractor, but not a lot of 3910's in the scrap yard. Are there any other models that use the same 3 pt hitch system or do I need to look only for 3910's? Want something that will bolt right up without mods. Thanks much for any advice you can offer.

/ Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch #2  
Any 3 cylinder Ford with planetary final drives and wet brakes. Pretty much anything from a 3 cylinder 4000 to a 4630 and a whole bunch of industrial derivatives. A 4200 and any narrow or vineyard tractor would be notable exceptions but they are few & far between.

/ Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch #3  
Worthington AG Parts have several in salvage. Hopefully they'll have what you need.

/ Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch #4  
Abingdon Equipment Co. Abingdon Va. had a couple 3910 salvage tractors two months ago.

/ Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch
Any 3 cylinder Ford with planetary final drives and wet brakes. Pretty much anything from a 3 cylinder 4000 to a 4630 and a whole bunch of industrial derivatives. A 4200 and any narrow or vineyard tractor would be notable exceptions but they are few & far between.

Rick - Very helpful info. I started looking at images of the fords with wet brakes and they certainly do all look the same. Much appreciated!

Abingdon Equipment Co. Abingdon Va. had a couple 3910 salvage tractors two months ago.

I actually tried them first and did not have a good experience. Told me on the phone they were certain they had what I needed but was a different story when I got there (five hour drive later). Two 3910's were completely stripped except for one lift arm and one stabilizer. Tried to tell me the hitch off a 3600 would work. Their website showed the 3910 photos were just updated 3 days prior, but they finally admitted the photos were about 2 years old.

So, I finally found a full setup at R&R Tractor in Madisonville, TN but they wanted $800 for it. Can buy the same aftermarket setup from Cross Creek Tractor for $480 + shipping. Any thoughts or experience with the aftermarket hardware? I assume the metal is probably not as good as OEM, but is it good enough? $800 seemed like a lot to me.

/ Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch #8  
The problem with the 3910 is that there were several 3 pt hitch lift arm variations and if you go on many websites to look you will find parts that fit everything fits a 2XXX, 3XXX and a 4XXX and none of them are the same as what I have.

The one I have has the extendable draft arms and they seem to be unicorns when trying to find parts on ebay. The threads inside the tilt linkage are on mine are worn off and it would slip several inches while mowing. To get through I leveled it up and welded it solid till I had time to get the new arm and replace it. So far I have not found it other than New Holland parts and I'll just say I'm not in a hurry to spend that much on this tractor.

/ Need Ford 3910 3 PT Hitch #9  
My lower arms are not extendable. They do have exchangeable balls Cat I/Cat II.