Need help with oil filter Please

/ Need help with oil filter Please #1  

whitearrow

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 5203
Hey guys I finally was about to change the oil and filter in my 5203. I went and bought a new Deere brand filter and thought I was all set. Well after I pulled the drain plug I took the oil filter off and compared it to the one I bought for my tractor. They looked different in the way they contact the engine. So I take the original and the bought filter back to the dealer. The did the usual head scratching and after much a do they typed my serial # in and the came up with my tractor was made in Asia and the oil filter is part #re507204 which they nor any where around me stocks. Aight fellas WTF is happening? Am I the only guy that bought an Asian made 5203? The Deere guy said the 5203 was made in Asia,Australia, and north America and they all have a different made oil filter. I need help fellas as I have googled that part # and came up dry.
Thanks,
Whitearrow

/ Need help with oil filter Please #2  
You should send a PM to RollingsFarms, he has a 5203. He gives alot of help out to us on the forum.

/ Need help with oil filter Please #3  
I'm curious what's your engine serial number?

According to JDparts.com early 5203's built for American sales use T19044 filter and later 5203's use RE519626 filter and as you stated Asian 5203's use RE507204. I think you could change your filter base if you wanted to use the filter for American sales 5203.

/ Need help with oil filter Please
well tx, my serial # is 5203u with several other #s after that. but, the u suffix indicates it is a north american tractor i believe. i typed the serial # in at deere.com when i was flamuxed trying to locate a oil filter. what would it take and how difficult of a job would it be to change my oil filter base?
thanks.
whitearrow

Wix nor purolator nor napa gold does offer a cross reference. Something seems screwy about this. I just can't put my finger on it. How did I happen to get so "lucky" to get an Asian made tractor that I can't even get a new oil filter for? That was why I got a Deere in the first place. I thought getting replacement parts would be a cinch for a Deere.

/ Need help with oil filter Please #7  
I think you could change your filter base if you wanted to use the filter for American sales 5203.
I believe I would spring this idea on the dealer - he may be willing to help you out under the circumstances. It sounds like the best solution, else you'll be in the same situation next time you need a filter.

/ Need help with oil filter Please #8  
well tx, my serial # is 5203u with several other #s after that. but, the u suffix indicates it is a north american tractor i believe. i typed the serial # in at deere.com when i was flamuxed trying to locate a oil filter. what would it take and how difficult of a job would it be to change my oil filter base?
thanks.
whitearrow

5203engine SN( -PY3029D140336) Uses T19044 filter
5203engine SN (PY3029T106478- ) uses RE519626 filter

I don't understand the engine SN over-lap but I copied/pasted straight from parts cat.

After reinvestigating the parts schematics I was incorrect in stating to change filter base. One would have to change engine oil cooler that filter butts up to.

I have emailed Deere and the more I think about it I'm probably gonna just call their 800 # and go straight to the source. Kinda grab the bull by the horns type deal. Man I wish I hadn't sold my Deere stock a few months back. That woulda been a great bargaining tool.
Thanks for everybody's help. I pm'd rollingshills farms but no answer as if yet. Surely out of the thousands of 5203 tractors sold I didn't get the only Asian made one. Surely someone on here has come across this issue before me.

well fellas i did what i said i was gonna do. i called deere and got a fairly prompt answer but a detailed one,which i appreciate. it appears my original oil filter # re507204 is no longer made and is replaced by # t19044. so i guess all is well for now. thank for everybodys thoughts and advice.