Need Help

/ Need Help #1  

cjstiltz

Tractor
McCormick CT28V 2010
Firstly, let me say that I am really a tractor rookie. Never owned one before. I moved from Atlanta two years ago, to create a non-profit soccer club. I purchased the tractor to develop 21 acres into soccer pitches.

I purchased a CT28V last spring. I love the basic tractor, but have some issues with it.

First, the day after delivery, the control arm broke off for the front end loader. I notified the dealer and after 8 months and two visits he gave me one. Problem is, it is not the right size. I have been using vice grips to control the loader. I don't think I can drill out the remaining screw in. Any suggestions. Would this be covered by the warrenty.

I am a retire veteran with some body issues. I need a better seat. The one on the tractor was not up to speed. The banding around bottom came lose in the first week. Another issue forgotten by the dealer. I wish to purchase a padded seat with arm rests and maybe a cup holder.

Now, after 556 hours, I can not move in any high gear, do have movement fwd and reverse in 1,2,3 low gear at >15k rpm. Does this sound like clutch problem or something else. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts, filters, etc. and a new seat off the internet. I am also looking for accesories for the tractor, tool box, radio, etc.

I have been up on the McCormick's website several times, and could not find any helpful links.

Also looking for a maintence manual and schedule for the tractor???

I need all help and suggestion!!!

/ Need Help
My CT28V has a manuel transmission. I just replaced the air, oil, and fuel filters. But it still does not move fwd or reverse in high 1,2,3,4 gears. I can rev the engine up to better 25 K rpm. I do get motion in low gears 1,2, and 3, but not 4th. Changing to 4 wheel drive does not make a difference. Does this sound like a clutch problem, or something else. The tractor is still under warranty. Does anyone know how long the tractor would be down for this tractor (CT28V):confused:

/ Need Help #3  
I would look for another dealer and never go back to the one who is treating you so badly. I can not help with the other problems , if you post pics of the problem parts then the group can get a better idea.
Craig Clayton

/ Need Help
I design and etch a computer circuit board that can fit on a pin point, but I would never try to disassembly a transmission. I have concluded that the problem resides in the hyds. or the clutch assembly. I have heard from many guys that know their tractors and given a lot of help. I have learned a lot. :):)

/ Need Help #5  
It should be covered by warranty. Use the numbers from the website call the company and any other McCormick dealers around.

/ Need Help #6  
What dealer did you buy your tractor from? They should be able to determine what is causing your concern. If it is a clutch you may want to find out if that is a warranty item.

/ Need Help #7  
This is not a clutch problem, it is in the transmission and likely a linkage problem. It needs to be seen be a qualified dealer that knows how to repair a tractor. Unfortunately, the compact tractors McCormick sells are not made by them or even by Landini ( Argo's, the parent company, main brand). The are made by Ls or Lg I don't remember. The are no longer going to sell that line of tractors, but instead are apparently going with Daedong ( Kioti's parent) tractors for the compact lineup.

/ Need Help #8  
Being the CTV is an all gear transmission with no clutch packs inside it could be a shift fork issue or the shifter has moved so the shift finger is not engaging the the fork rods. The forward and reverse is scychronized so if you are not getting movement in either direction could be something sychronizer related. I googled Chester Ga. and it looks like Eastman Equip is your closest dealer. I would give them a ring if it is still in warrnanty. I wouldn't let it go to long before contacting them.

/ Need Help
The good news is the tractor spent 5 days in the shop and is working great again. I had annual main. done while they had it. We will see how it goes.

/ Need Help #10  
:confused2: Did they imform you the cause and fix of the problem?????