Insurance need liability insurance

/ need liability insurance #21  
What I did not address is what happens when you aren't maintaining your yard, but instead going next door to help your neighbor dig a ditch, or plow his snow, or......
This is where having a separate liability policy for off premises "activities", even if non business, might be very smart.

/ need liability insurance #22  
I use to have a Kubota L 48TLB that occasionally went off property to help someone else. I bought "marine inland insurance" was good coverage and reasonable too,, Can't remember the company name other than they were from Albany NY., Cost was around 300 per year

/ need liability insurance #23  
As to a quote..........I'll look that up for y'all ....when I get more time. Probably be good for me to see that number as well...it might scare me.:shocked:

Okay, I said I'd look it up. The best that I can tell is that my liability "Umbrella Coverage" for one year is $173.00. The Kubota off the property for one year is $52.40. But to explain what all is covered/not covered, I'd have to be a lawyer and use a lot of computer space.:confused3:

/ need liability insurance #24  
My Homeowners did cover a $6000 Bolt of Lightening that hit my tractor. They did not like that claim! It does not leave the property.
I was not on the tractor when this happened fortunately.

/ need liability insurance #25  
I use to have a Kubota L 48TLB that occasionally went off property to help someone else. I bought "marine inland insurance" was good coverage and reasonable too,, Can't remember the company name other than they were from Albany NY., Cost was around 300 per year
Might have been Farm Family? I used them for my PA horse operation. Buildings, home, equpiment, liability, animals, etc., even had full coverage on my dually for 275/year but had to have my wife's suv on a seperate policy.

/ need liability insurance #26  
Might have been Farm Family? I used them for my PA horse operation. Buildings, home, equpiment, liability, animals, etc., even had full coverage on my dually for 275/year but had to have my wife's suv on a seperate policy.

Yeah we have the wife's pick up on the farm policy. However I am not sure what they would do with my car. I use it as my daily driver for my non-farm related job. Thankfully I do not have to figure that out as currently the car is owned by my employer, but I get to bring it home every night and drive it for personal reasons too.

I cannot say enough about finding an independent agent. If they advertise one insurance company they are not independent. My agent was able to look at several different policies. We did not end up with the cheapest out of the bunch because the Nationwide Policy offered better coverage for the money.

For me the farm policy was the way to go. We even are able to get a rider put on to cover my wife when she is training horses off premises. She has $1M of coverage through the main policy and an additional $1M through the umbrella.

Most states also have laws that limit the liability of a horse trainer. Indiana's law is pretty comprehensive. I bet Kentucky's is even more so.