Need some 3pt advice for the BX24

/ Need some 3pt advice for the BX24 #11  
Ok, maybe we're on to something, as replied to previously. Once in a long while somebody get's a BX with the lower link ball joints just plain too tight. That's the way mine were! No amount of lube or [power] wire brushing or anything would free them up. If that proves to be the case with yours, attached is how I fixed mine. Obviously, it's a demonstration pic and you need to do the fix on a concrete floor or anvil, not a wood floor like my pic. I used a 3# hammer to pound on the bolt to get the ball to make more room in it's socket. It took some time but worked perfectly. All 4 of mine were too tight to move at all without a bar.

Attachments

• 853178-DSCN1693.jpg
    853178-DSCN1693.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 235
   / Need some 3pt advice for the BX24 #12  
If my tractor came with a problem like that I would ask the dealer to swap the defective parts out before I even took delivery or at the very least had them fix it under warranty. IMO you shouldn't have to take a sledge hammer to a brand new unit to make it work right!

/ Need some 3pt advice for the BX24 #13  
Volfandt,
Is that a Cyclone rake in your attachment?
thanks!
I don't mean to hijack the thread. I will pm you with more questions.

Thanks!
Darrell

/ Need some 3pt advice for the BX24
Eureka! Indeed it was the ball joints that were seized up, two of them anyway. From the way they were painted, it initially appeared that they weren't designed to move. After a drove the scraper around with the jury-rigged setup I came up with they loosened up a little. From there, I worked some grease into the joints and they are good to go. The way I had the scraper on before, it was pretty loose and would move from side to side. Now the turnbuckles are tightened and it is rock solid.
Thanks a lot to everyone for the tips and advice.
I called the dealer about the missing clevis pins and left a message. The next day the sales guy actually called me up and told me they were on the way /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 853890-PICT0072.jpg
    853890-PICT0072.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 166
   / Need some 3pt advice for the BX24 #16  
Alls well that ends well /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes it is a Cyclone Rake. It works great but it is a loud bugger /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Volfandt