Need some info

/ Need some info #11  
In Illinois is I have had my fuel gel on 3 occasions. Every time during an extended time with temps near zero. I was using treated fuel also. Adding kerosene seems to have fixed that problem. I’d think in Minnesota it’s be smart to add kerosene. As far as how you store your fuel I don’t have any input, I use 5 gallon cans.

/ Need some info #12  
You ask wise questions.

When you buy off-road diesel for AG, and it's a bunch, be sure it's coming from a fresh source. If not, the microbes in the unfrequently used holding tanks at the stations or distribution centers can go bad much sooner causing expensive downtime.

I too store diesel due to keeping the price low and buying when the prices are best. Plastic tanks don't rust, don't dent, and attract condensation like metal tanks do. HDPE is the ideal plastic tank material in use for fuels.

I have both 15-gallon and 30-gallon tanks. Easy to move, and easy to fill/dispense. Easy to put in the back of the truck to fill too.

My location is in the bottom of zone-5, you are more in the center of zone-5. Beloit, WI gets down to -22F. Your location could see the -40F in the hardest part of winter. I use diesel #2 all year.

For the diesel #2 in storage, 30-gallon tank is treated with 1-bottle of Seafoam. It's far better than the PS junk sold everywhere. Never had any issues with microbes or diesel going bad. Plus Seafoam keeps the injectors nice and clean. This works far better than Stabil.

Your JD1250 is really a Yanmar YM5000, yet in JD green paint. Made in the same factory and assembly line as my YM2610.

Seafoam's original use is for diesel engines and fuel.

View attachment 861100
I use SF in a lot of my engines but my diesels get Power Services products. One of the items they sell is anti-gelling.

Being a N. Texan I usually don't have a freezing problem but year before last we got down to -4F......since 1978 +10 was the coldest it ever got.

I use 3ea. 55 gallon drums in a trailer with a 12v pump I bought from TSC years ago. I have the pump on one barrel and keep the plugs in the other two when not in use.....so that they can't "breathe". On the one in use I have a Goldstar final filter and a 20' refueling hose. The filter froze up. I bought some PS anti-gel and added it to the tank in use and stirred it up. Then got out my heat gun and heated the filter till it would pass fuel. Problem solved.

I don't know the specs on #1 vs #2 diesel as I fill up in the summer and #2 is all I ever use. Maybe PS anti-gel will work for you, maybe you need diesel #!. Might ping PS and ask the question.

/ Need some info #13  
In Illinois is I have had my fuel gel on 3 occasions. Every time during an extended time with temps near zero. I was using treated fuel also. Adding kerosene seems to have fixed that problem. I’d think in Minnesota it’s be smart to add kerosene. As far as how you store your fuel I don’t have any input, I use 5 gallon cans.
REALLY to the south of me! I'm here at the stateline of WI/IL. I only treat mine with Seafoam go below -24F from what's going on up here. No issues. Kerosene is just a tad better than diesel. Kerosene can go bad too.