Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #21  
Just though of this as my new tractor passed the 35 hour mark this afternoon.

Try doing the dishes once in a while...and blame it on the tractor...

If that doesn't impress her, nothing will!

Bill

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #22  
I always get grief for "playing" on my tractor. I got a little less grief when I spent a few weekends doing a project for her. She didn't even ask for it but I went ahead and did it anyway. I was making a oval turn-around off the side of our driveway and decided that I could make her a nice flower-bed in the middle of it. I cleaned all the brush (I live in the woods) and weeds out of the area. Then I put landscape timbers around the perimeter and filled it up with some of the topsoil that I scraped up from the area I was going to build the pole barn on. I pulled all the roots and crap from the topsoil and leveled it all out for her. Everyone who comes over comments on how nice it is even though she hasn't planted anything there yet. The area is mostly shade and she has to figure out the best plants for a shady area.

Just this weekend she asked me to dig up a bush. She wanted to plant something different there and couldn't get it out herself. I went out there with a shovel and worked on it for a couple of minutes before I decided to go get the tractor. I took the bucket off and put the forks on. I went over to the bush and popped it out on the second try. As I was slowly driving away I looked towards the house. There she was looking through the sliding glass door with a big smile on here face. Thats not usually the look I get when I'm on my tractor.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #23  
I find the best strategy is to ask for help on a project - hers- and leave the tractor in the shed. After the second or third wheel-barrow load of dirt moved, she'll be sure to ask "Can't you do this with the tractor?"

After 5 years of talking about getting a tractor, it wasn't until we spent a weekend together moving dirt the manual way that she finally understood why it might be useful to US to have a tractor and gave me the go ahead

I still get accused of playing, but I also get a lot of requests to "play".

Big Eddy

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #24  
I mentioned the title of this thread to my significant other and wanted to pass on her response. She said the thing that impressed her the most was my adherence to what she said many mistakenly believe is the basic tenet of the Hippocratic Oath; "First of all, do no harm."

Apply that principle to the garage, house, barn, other vehicles, fencing, trees, shrubs and gardens and you'll go a long way toward impressing her the way you want to-favorably. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif