Price Check Negotiable Price on BX2200??

/ Negotiable Price on BX2200?? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi Guys - I am thinking seriously about a BX1800/2200 or a B7300HSD. One of the Web sites mentioned that the B7300 was good for commercial use or "even by homeowners". Well, I am one of those infamous homeowners, who has to ask a newbie-type question. Does the purchase process for a Kubota tractor work like buying a car, where there is some give-and-take negotiation expected, or is the listed price actually the price?. I'm pretty comfortable with searching out an invoice price on a new car, and making an offer based
on that, but didn't know if such a thing would be done on this type of purchase. BTW, is there any type of source of invoice pricing available, that some of you may know of. Would be interesting to have those numbers in hand. Thanks to all for any assistance you can provide.

/ Negotiable Price on BX2200?? #2  
It seems that some dealers will negotiate price, and some won't. However, there are some variations in prices at different dealers. When I bought my first Kubota, I checked with 4 different dealers and got 4 different prices for the same tractor. I don't know of any place to find out what dealer cost actually is. Of course, some dealers post their prices on the Internet, so that gives you a good place to start.

Bird

/ Negotiable Price on BX2200?? #3  
As Bird stated, dealers are free to negotiate at will. One other resource to add is this forum (use the search on the main page, the old forum that was just archived). Many people referenced their own buying prices on the BX's. Good luck.

/ Negotiable Price on BX2200??
From what I have found on extensivee web research and visits/calls to dealers, most small (under 30 hp) Kubota's sell between 15 and 20% off of list. The best closer to 20%, and also dependent on model: The BX2200 is new, and fairly 'hot', so expect less of a discount. That said, look for a dealer that will give you the list price, or at minimum advertises list and sale price (usually on a tag in the store) then you can assess. Don't know about the 2200, but had a dealer provide list on others (very straightforward and honest guy).

Think about set-up, service and reputation when you buy. Finding the dealer I am working with really opened my eyes to the role, and worth of a good capable dealer. Especially for someone relatively new to tractors and on such a significant purchase.

Good luck!

/ Negotiable Price on BX2200??
Thanks to everybody for some good info

(nt)

/ Negotiable Price on BX2200?? #6  
(Aside: When I stopped by my Kubota dealer this morning, noticed they had 13 crates on the lot, each with a BX 2200 inside. Maybe the supply issues are resolved and the pipeline is running).