Neighbor flopped a Deere 310E

/ Neighbor flopped a Deere 310E #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
I heard squealing tires while getting ready for work this morning. On the ride out, I saw why... Neighbor down the sroad a bit put a Deere 310E on it's side early this morning.

Apparently the squealin tires was them trying to right the thing with a pickup truck

It was like he was driving straight up a mild incline, and a tire caught a soft spot or something. It looked like it just flopped over on it's right side. I was headed to work though, so couldn't look close.

Be safe out there...!!!

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Neighbor flopped a Deere 310E #2  
Yeah, the bigger they are, the harder they fall? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif It's the changes in conditions (sudden) that often cause accidents. Safe tractoring, for sure!

msig.gif

/ Neighbor flopped a Deere 310E
It was pretty muddy, and appeared to have just flopped easily on it's side. THe guys pickup could not right it though; no traction, especially against a 18,000lb tractor.

I talked to the local tractor repair shop; he saw the rental company coming in with another. I think they left the rolled one shut down till they could get it in the shop, to check for engine, tranny, pump type damage.

Nobody was hurt, except some pride, fortunately.

It has been raining pretty hard for a couple of days here. He had already worked in that area, so it was pretty mucky...

/ Neighbor flopped a Deere 310E #4  
<font color=blue>It has been raining pretty hard for a couple of days here</font color=blue>

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, ANYWAY!!???

For one reason or another I haven't been able to get up to the property (near you, Robert) for 4 weeks now, but I figured that at least the ground would be drying out enough that I'd finally be able to do some tractorin'. We're scheduled to head up there this weekend and what happens? A freakin' STORM, that's what happens. You emailed me about the rain just about the time my mom calls to tell me it's SNOWING at the property. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I take back every snide remark I ever made about the weather back east compared to Sunny California. Actually, I don't remember being snide, but just in case -- I take it back. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Neighbor flopped a Deere 310E #5  
Harv,

Yeah, I was listening to the weather report on the way home last night. Pretty impressive for a late-April storm in Californy. At 6PM last night they'd gotten 2 1/2 feet of snow in Alpine and were expecting another 12-18 inches by this morning.

One good thing is the help it will provide the hydro-electric this summer. We apparently vary between 10% and 25% hydro power in the summer depending on runnoff. This late accumulation should put us in the 80-85% of normal precip for this time of year. That means the hydro power this summer might be as high as 15-20% of our total power.

Bummer about the tractor time Harv. I'll ride mine twice for you./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

BTW- The tractor work we did on our driveway sure made a difference this spring! We were at our next-door neighbors' house last night, and they were very pleased with the difference in the shared portion of the road. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The GlueGuy

It rained to beat the dickens Friday. I was home working on the Tnt. It was a constant pour, all day and eve.

I worked yesterday on assoc road cleanup. I had ok traction for the most part with my turfs. I just finished up in the yard this evening, putting the TnT to tests. I cut about a 6' wide, 1' deep cut into a side hill,(mild side hill!) with no problem.

You know, this poor guy down the street, he's got another hoe stuck. Apparently the rental company picked the other one up so they could check it out before running it again. So, he up and got this one stuck too.

He's right on the the main road, where every guy in the division can see. He has had a very tough "guy" timer lately.

At least everyone was safe...

/ Neighbor flopped a Deere 310E #7  
Robert, I got home late Friday night from the far North, Redding area. Saw that my place had gotten a good soaking. Glad to see it to though as it puts off having to water for another week or so. I irrigate my place via a ditch here in Newcastle. 116 Rainbirds or so. My pond is getting a work out to as the spring that feeds it year around turns into a monster when it pours resulting in murky looking water. About where in Shingle Springs are you? I built 2 homes right over off Green Valley in Rescue. Rat

We used to have friends off Ophir Road; passed those ditches often. I bought my B8200 Kubota at the dealer, Gold Country Kubota, over by you, a few years ago

I'm 2 miles south of H50, off the second Shingle Springs exit. We're up the hill from Buckeye Elementary school.