New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model)

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model) #1  

Frank_Nye

Tractor
Kubota G2000-S (4WS)
New 2005 Kubota\'s: GR2100 diesel (AWD model)

I am interested in the new Kubota seies of tractors that are being released for 2005 (GR2000 & GR2100). I have been wanting to buy a Kubota 4WD but do not want to buy a BX series tractor. Unfortunately, none of the Kubota G-series tractors came with 4WD or even a differential locking system like JD, Cub & Simplicity. So Kubota has been missing the boat up to this point.

I need something that can mow lawn pretty well (6-acres) and also blow snow (500 foot driveway). I want a shaft drive for both the mower & snowblower.

I have heard nothing as of yet about what kind of snowblower will be available for the GR-2100. I am also unsure about this all-wheel drive system that it has because of this "glide-steer" system. If I want to use a GR2100 to mount a snow blower and plow a lot of snow, is this going to be a good enough tractor? The literature I saw on-line says something about the rear wheels free-wheeling when you make a turn with this glide-steer system and I'm not sure if I want that in the snow. Will it reduce my traction?

If any of you know anything more about these new tractors, please "chime-in" and let us all hear about them. Some of the questions I'd like answered:
1. Has anyone riden one yet?
2. When will they be available in the dealer's showrooms?
3. What is the list price?
4. What snowblower will fit on it (a new model)?
5. How does this AWD system work. Do the front wheels drive all the time?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Frank Nye
Shippensburg, PA

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model) #2  
Re: New 2005 Kubota\'s: GR2100 diesel (AWD model)

I am in a similar boat. I spoke with a dealer who test drove one in Georgia last week and said it was very nice and heavy duty. I've got some prices with bagger of approx $9500 (I live in an area where shipping is a killer).

The GR will end up being way less expensive than an "X" mod JD, which was also a consideration along with a BX's.

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model) #3  

i am guessing that the gr series will be between 6000 and 7300.you can get a bx 1500 for about 7300 and the g series garden tractors go for about 6000.so you may check the options and end up with the bx 1500.

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model)

I am hoping that the new GR2100 series garden-tractor will have an integrated hyrdraulic control (like a joystick) built into the dash like John Deere (X-series) and Simplicity (Legacy) garden-tractors have. The Kubota BX series tractor has that separate hydraulic control unit that gets stuck on the side of the tractor and I'm not real wild about that set up. The BX series is probably a lot more heavy-duty tractor than I need.

I will primarily be mowing 5 acres with it and will also blow snow but I will not be putting a front end loader on it or anything like that. So the GR2100 garden-tractor seems like just what I am looking for. Other than the BX series, the Kubota line of garden-tractor do not have 4WD or even a differential lock so I'm not that confident of how they would do in the snow.

Are the prices you mention in your post what the dealers sell them for? I think the list prices are a lot higher than you mention. From what I have been told the GR2100 (21 hp diesel & AWD) with a 54" mower will list out at about $8,199. What I would be able to buy one for I'm not sure. I would also want a grass catcher and snow blower but I'm not sure what the list price on thsoe options will be. If any of you know, please reply to this post. Thanks!

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model) #5  

You can't take it with you! - the BX will be worth more in resale, you're gonna want a loader, get the BX!!
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model) #6  

First off Frank welcome onto the forum. Your profile isn't filled out much so my questions to you may sound dumb but where are you located? You mention snow cleaning on 500 feet of driveway. Is it paved or gravel? Although I don't know these answers I'm almost inclined to tell you to go to a BX anyway. The 1530 will handle the chores you mention easily, the cost is comparative and the attachments you could get in the future great. I know you don't want to go this way but don't eliminate it from consideration until you price all of this out and see.
Just my 2 cents, they're free and most importantly you don't have to listen to them.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model)

Yes, I am a "newbie". I didn't even know there was a place to put info about yourself. I have added a bit. I live in south-central Pennsylvania. My driveway is about 500 feet long and it is paved near my house but not the whole way off of the property. It is just slate on the rest of it.

I hear what you're saying about the BX tractors but I didn't like the way the hydraulic controls hang on the side. I'll have to go give them another look now that I have had the sticker shock from the Deere X585 and the Simplicity Legacy tractors.

I really want to see what these new Kubota GR2100 all wheel drive diesels will be like. I wish they were available now.

/ New 2005 Kubota's: GR2100 diesel (AWD model) #8  

Frank, check your private messages.