New 5000R specifications?

/ New 5000R specifications? #11  
Congratulations on your new tractor! I wish you all the best. I currently own a 2014 5115 m loaded pretty much like your new machine... give or take a few options.. I will tell you this that this tractor is way overrated IMO. I bought it to mow filth on steep ground and itç—´ not the tractor that Deere says.. I知 located in steep ground country south western pa.... I致e had Deere people look at this machine for the issues I致e in countered.. to no avail. I will tell you this that the brakes on my Tractor along with others I致e read about in the 5 series are totally junk. You had better be strapped in and strong legged to push hard enough to stop on hills. Most of the time it takes twice to stop if youæ±*e hooked to a batwing or baler. I might add forward or backwards... I wouldn稚 recommend this tractor to anyone that looking at Deere. I知 a die hard Derre man owning several tractors including industrial.. but never again on this series. Itç—´ on real thin ice and might be my last Derre. I wish you all the best with yours .. hopefully you won稚 have any issues like I致e had . Just my .02 CTç—´. Have a good 1

Not trying to pick on your tractor experience but no your tractor is no where near being pretty much like the posters new machine. Just the base price difference is nearly 30k, throw in optional features like pressure and flow compensated hydraulics, eh controls, etc and it is in a completely different world than your tractor. They have similar dimensions and the same mfg, that is about it.

/ New 5000R specifications? #12  
I just purchased a 5100R. Only put about 26 hrs on it and liking it so far. Traded in my 4720. There are a few YouTube videos out there (in English) that explain the new transmission - and my dealer had a brochure with all the specs. I believe the specs are on JD website as well. the R does have a shorter wheelbase then the Ms. R weight is around 9800lbs. The quick connect FEL is very easy to take on-off. I traded my 2011MY 4720 for the 5100R. I also have a JD Quick Connect Hitch

/ New 5000R specifications? #13  
I will say this .... John Deere according to my dealer changed the brake system or redesigned how they operate..... I cant confirm this or deny that is what they told me after meeting etc. They told me that the brakes felt ok and up to there standards after driving around on my farm... making sure they were not on the real steep ground. I told them to hook to my 10ft pull bush hog and never got any action from this suggestion. The J D rep was a flatlander from the west and he told me that I was mowing ground that wasn't practical and that the machine wasn't designed for that!!!! I looked at him and told him that I didn't buy a yard ornament for flowers and that Ive worked out west pipelining with you flatlanders and that you people were scared of hills period. I also told him that I had more hrs on equipment then a 1000 x times his age both heavy and farm. I told him that everything that's built for farming is built for flatland and guys like me buy the junk and try to work it back here. I added wheel spacers and extra wheel weights plus fluid (all 4 tires the max) to help with weight..... I also leave the fel with bucket on for added weight when bush hogging for pushing or climbing when needed ( which I do quite often) on my property. Just to clarify the salesman videoed me mowing for the J D people to verify that this was not all wind. They all said that the machine wasn't designed for this type of work and that as far as they were concerned the issue was my fault..... funny thing is my hay fields are steep but not as steep as my fields where I mow filth and the brakes are not any better hooked to my baler (jd 458 silage special net wrap).I can control this tractor in these areas .... but you have to pay attention and know the ground and where your at. The tractor also has hydraulic issues (noise and slow on some response time.... and its known to get hot hydraulic oil that is) it has gotten hot and bells and alarms have gone off lots of times and I call the dealer with the codes ..... they have replaced the hydraulic pump new hydraulic oil and filters new control behind and below the cab on right side ( I apologize I don't know or remember the name of this piece) it was replaced a few months after purchase. The dealer and Deere said that this was the problem with the oil getting hot..... also they checked the hydraulic pressures and made sure all hoses were where they belonged ......WELL GUESS WHAT THE PROBLEM WASNT REPAIRED after all that!!!!! The brakes are still junk also.... I just went with it because I had to have a tractor..... and didn't want to buy another machine at the time. The tractor is balanced ok now with the weights Ive added ...... and its set up size wise ok for my ground I run on the transmission is electric split H L with 32F/16 R Premium cab. I'm a J D man but like I stated earlier this tractor has made me think a lot less of J D . They like there GREEN paint and their NAME and they are OVER PRICED OVERRATED and just want to SELL ..... I'm more then likely thru with Deere after this excursion we will see.... I realize that there are lemons and this was discussed .... but I was told there are no lemon laws concerning farm equipment..... ( take that for what its worth) I cant confirm. I feel J D doesn't want to take responsibility for there equipment when needed..... and so it goes........ I wish you all the best with your new tractor and hope it is great! I also live 50 miles south of pittsburgh in hill side country !!lol. What ive written is my personal experience with this series of tractor .... I seriously doubt I will buy another Deere unless the deal is to hard to pass up...... I'm looking now and then when I have the time ....... Just my opinion . Have a good 1

I agree with everything you day. I had a lemon of a 4520 then had to trade up to a 4066r which had a million problems, they looked for every excuse in the book to put blame somewhere else. I'm now having to trade up to a 5100m which comes in in a few weeks. I wish I didn't have to go with jd but I would lose my butt on trade

/ New 5000R specifications? #14  
Well Yukonhunter I can appreciate where you are coming from. I too have thrown around the idea of up trading but I'm still running this machine for a number of reasons ..... needing a tractor of the size I have, the time of year, and finding time to deal.....along with the cash flow to buy! I too will take a kick if I do trade outside of the green paint ..... this tractor has a little over 500 hrs now . I need a tractor of this size for mowing filth,baling hay ....and so on. I'm still considering a couple different colors .....but so far only knowledge of them is on line and 1 dealer. I know how you feel you have the investment made and now you have to go more to be satisfied hopefully....I hope your new series and size works out for you....You are not alone ...as far as I am concerned..... Good luck!