New Agmate Rear Mower Spindle Question

/ New Agmate Rear Mower Spindle Question #1  

BigBoyToys

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I took deliver of my new 6' Agmate Rear Mower from Agri Supply this past Friday.

Agmate Rear Mower.jpg

First thing I did was to make sure everything was tight. Next I checked the gear box for oil, and had to add some. Last was to grease each spindle. The center and right spindles (looking from the rear) both took about 30-35 pumps of grease until I saw it coming out the bottom of the spindles by the shields. The left spindle, after 40 pumps wasn't showing any signs of grease exiting. I took the top covers off and all the grease had come out the top. The center and right didn't have any come out the top.

Spindle Grease.jpg

Would this just be a bad bearing seal on the top?

I called Agri Supply and explained it to the CS rep, he said he'd send me out a new spindle assembly right away. I've purchased a few things from them and there customer service is great.

Another thing was I had to do was cut down the driveshaft. Once I tried hooking it up to the tractor, the u-joint was an inch beyond the PTO shaft.

With the deck mounted and the driveshaft connected, despite the spindle seal issue, I decide to try it out anyways. The mower did a great job! It was quiet and really did a nice job cutting.

Last edited:
   / New Agmate Rear Mower Spindle Question #2  
I purchased the same mower this year and so far it's been great. I was glad to see the driveshaft was long enough for me to use the mower on my quick hitch. I too put a lot of strokes from the grease gun into the spindles without seeing any grease come out. Looking at the photo of the spindle on their website I suspect it has sealed bearings anyway. I just read their description that claims it requires 60 strokes upon installation. Either way I wouldn't be concerned about how many strokes I put into it or which end it came out of. Spindle Assembly | Agri Supply, 78582

A lot of mowers use sealed bearings in their spindles. I'm thinking the grease in the space between just absorbs some heat or may work it's way in past the seals.

I'm impressed they stock all the serviceable parts for these mowers too.