New BX seat/Woods BH seat package

/ New BX seat/Woods BH seat package #1  

Hootie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Kubota ZD 221, Kubota Grand L 5030 HSTC, Kubota RTV, Polaris 500ATP
Got my new seat and it is great. Looking for some input on the seat install in conjunction with the seat alteration that comes with the Woods BH. Anyone out there done this?

/ New BX seat/Woods BH seat package #2  
I have a Woods BH on my BX2230. The install was pretty easy. I removed the four outside bolt to remove the entire seat assembly. Two of the bolts are in the seat springs and the two in the front are not. The one on the front left is holding on the connector for the engine shut off if the seat lifts up.

You can then turn the base one direction or the other to remove the four bolts that hold the seat to the Woods assembly that allow you to lift and rotate the seat. Pretty quick to do. If your not sure on the bolts I'll take a picture for you.

/ New BX seat/Woods BH seat package #3  
The Woods seat alteration is pathetic. Anyone know if the BX2x series will retro fit to a BX2xxx?, That is what I would like to do.

/ New BX seat/Woods BH seat package #4  
It was not much of a problem putting the new seat on the Woods seat retrofit (some disassembly required and not any easier when everything weighs at least 20# and flops around like a fresh caught fish...you'll know what I'm talking about when you install...), but I concur with Mr. BX2230 Lockport. Why does the Woods assembly have to seem like such a cheap piece o' crap afterthought arrangment?

I haven't checked into it yet, but I may decide to check into the OEM seat spinny thing assembly. Even if it is $300, I would see it as a plus to the whole machine.

Mr. Lockport, if you beat me to the punch, I'd like to hear what you find out.

/ New BX seat/Woods BH seat package #5  
The Woods arrangement isnt the best for sure. Ive looked at the OEM arrangement on the BX24 and I cant see a way to retrofit it since many of the braces and the attachment points are a bit different. I just dislike the way the Woods install feels a bit wobbly when you sit on the seat mowing. It works but I would have expected more since the FEL and the BH are so darn good.

/ New BX seat/Woods BH seat package
I got the new BX seat installed and am mighty pleased with the comfort. I kept thinking I had put it on backwards since I could not get the seat to adjust after new seat install. I am pretty tall and when I finally figured out how to get it to adjust I feel I am reaching for the pedal and steering wheel.

"weighs at least 20# and flops around like a fresh caught fish...you'll know what I'm talking about when you install...)" This is sooooo true, it is a real finger masher for sure.