New BX24, Question on usage

/ New BX24, Question on usage #1  

psd

Tractor
Kubota BX24TLB
Hello everyone,

well after reading all the posts, I decided to take the plunge on a BX24 before the 0 - 42 ended.

So far very happy with it (about 4 hours). Question I have on the 60" MMM, is it normal to have a slight vibration a low RPM and then smooth out at mid to high RPM range?

Also, The BH pump seems to be running a (slightly high pitch sound) even when I am not using the BH, is this also normal?

Finally, is it OK to mow flat ground at the High speed setting?

Any help and info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pierre

/ New BX24, Question on usage #2  
I don't have a mower but the pump whine (there is only one pump on the BX) is normal. Mine has gotten quieter after a couple hundred hours.

John

/ New BX24, Question on usage #3  
I've got the 54" MMM, not the 60" but I've never not mowed at the high speed setting. When on flat ground with nothing to maneuver around, I find I can mow fairly quick. With more obstacles or bumpy ground, I let up on the peddle and take it easy.

Did you read something that said to mow in low speed range?

/ New BX24, Question on usage #4  
Question I have on the 60" MMM, is it normal to have a slight vibration a low RPM and then smooth out at mid to high RPM range?
Yes, the mowers are designed to run at high rpm. Proper operation would be to engage the blades at the lowest rpm possible to avoid over lugging the engine then run the rpm up to pto speed to get your best finish cut.
Also, The BH pump seems to be running a (slightly high pitch sound) even when I am not using the BH, is this also normal?
The BH shouldn't be making any sounds when not in use.
One thing to check for is to make sure the 3PH is in the neutral or middle position. If it remains in the raised position it will cause a constant squeal and even slow the FEL and BH opertion. Other causes of squealing is driving with the parking brake set. Also, the HST will emit all kinds of varying levels of squeal/whine under varying loads. Going up hill will cause it, as will just starting off.
IF the BH is definitely causing the squeal then the valve body possibly has a restriction and you should get your dealer to look at it.
Finally, is it OK to mow flat ground at the High speed setting?
I rarely use low range on my BX23. I use high for just about everything with the exception of when I need the additional power to the ground for digging. I would use low range if I where going down a steep grade for control also.
Mowing in high range is the only way I mow :D
Good luck with your new tool, it should prove to be very useful for you.

/ New BX24, Question on usage #5  
psd said:
Hello everyone,

Question I have on the 60" MMM, is it normal to have a slight vibration a low RPM and then smooth out at mid to high RPM range?

I am in the same situation but have 10 hrs on my BX 24. There is a whine that comes from the rear near the Backhoe. Since we both hear it, I imagine its nothing to worry about.
I have not used my 60" MMM yet but as mentioned before and stated in the manual, its intended to be used at high rpm. Engage at low RPM and run at high.
Hope yours is working out as well as mine is.