New dealer opening in NC

/ New dealer opening in NC #1  

EMS503

Silver Member
Tractor
1960 or 61 MF35 Deluxe, 2008 Kubota L3940 GST
For all you TBN members there is a new Kubota/MF dealer opening in Statesville, NC. It is on Gaither Rd. right off 21 and Highway 40. It is alot closer then Mt Airy or Newton. They have not offically opened yet as they are still in the setup phase but they are doing buisness. They are called Statesville Tractor and Rental. I stopped in and got a price for the 50 hr. service on my L3940 and they quoted me $200.00 with pick up and delivery.
The salesman I spoke with was with Goforth before they closed and moved decent sales person. If anyone needs further info just let me know. Everybody enjoy the holiday

/ New dealer opening in NC #2  
stopped in and got a price for the 50 hr. service on my L3940 and they quoted me $200.00 with pick up and delivery.

They won't be in business long giving a price like that for the first 50 hour service.
Did they say what was included in that price, besides the p/u and delivery?

Shoot a5 gallons of hydraulic oil is close to $45-50 bucks
engine oil a gallon is up around 20 bucks
You have close to $100 in oil already!
Filters, labor and someones time to p/u and deliver..
I think I would ask the question again.

If you can get it all done for that I need to talk to this dealer to find out where he is buying his supplies.

/ New dealer opening in NC #3  
Lurking around spotted yer post.Will have to do a field trip soon.:)

/ New dealer opening in NC
Rick, I also thought the price was very low, so I did ask them two more times before I left and got the same answer. They wanted to know why I kept asking and I told them what I had read on this site about 50 hr service price's
being $350 and up with and without pick up & delivery. They said this was there price. Guess I will use them for the service. Price includes oil & oil filter change, Hyd. filter change and top off and going over the tractor and loader and making any adjustments needed, with pick up and delivery. What stock they had on the shelves at this time was all MF (Agco) and Kubota. I do know the salesman came from a bigger dealer as he sold me my first tractor.
They did get there prices from a book and computer as I stood there.
I told them I would setup service after the new year as I need the tractor to clean out my chicken houses in Dec. I will verify the price again before I send it in for service.

/ New dealer opening in NC #5  
Get it done before they figure out what they are doing wrong. There is no way they can even break even at that price. Heck you can hardly cover the materials alone.

/ New dealer opening in NC #6  
Rick, I also thought the price was very low, so I did ask them two more times before I left and got the same answer. They wanted to know why I kept asking and I told them what I had read on this site about 50 hr service price's
being $350 and up with and without pick up & delivery. They said this was there price. Guess I will use them for the service. Price includes oil & oil filter change, Hyd. filter change and top off and going over the tractor and loader and making any adjustments needed, with pick up and delivery. What stock they had on the shelves at this time was all MF (Agco) and Kubota. I do know the salesman came from a bigger dealer as he sold me my first tractor.
They did get there prices from a book and computer as I stood there.
I told them I would setup service after the new year as I need the tractor to clean out my chicken houses in Dec. I will verify the price again before I send it in for service.

They must not be changing all the Hyd Oil just changing the Engine Oil and Filters. They might be able to do it this way.

/ New dealer opening in NC #7  
Anyone consider they might be doing the service at cost or even losing a few dollars? If they are a new dealer they need business. How can they get customers in the door, offer the same prices the established dealers do? I know the established dealers on here chringe (sp) when a new dealer offers service or equipment under their established prices. But I applaud the new dealer for offering at or near cost service. We need some competion.

I own a Mahindra tractor and my dealer normally offers transportation at $1.00 the loaded mile. But in the winter to get business they charge .50 cents per loaded mile and offer discounts on service and parts.

So I say the new dealer is very smart. He needs to generate floor traffic and what better way then offering service at a cost or below level. At least they get to talk to the tractor owner and offer him/her an implement or maybe even trade him/her up in tractors. It might be better than doing newspaper advertisements. Word of mouth is the best way to advertise.

Don