New GC1710

/ New GC1710 #21  
Your low, neutral high lever should go between gears smoothly, if it doesn't I would make them fix it, mine is smooth as silk..

/ New GC1710 #22  
Haven't messed with the diff lock yet, the 4x4 works pretty good though. Not sure if this is the same for everyone but when I try to shift into low range and release the parking brake I need to let off the brake pedal then push it down again or I cant fully shift into low range. The shifter just stops like its bound up. Going into high works every time as expected.

My 2wd/4wd sticks some but that is natural because of gear Internets needs. By any chance. . . Your shifting into low gear issues doesn't occur on inclines does it? On inclines (even gradual ones) . . . Shifting gears like high and low gear can develop slight pressure. As an example when I'm turning the tractor off, I always leave it in gear (not neutral).

Regarding the difference lock. You could be misinterpreting climbing that incline as a lack of poor when it's really a lack of traction. Your dirt ramp you mentioned in prior posts could cause a rear wheel to lift a bit or slightly hanging up the backhoe a bit. Diff lock is an important but infrequently used feature. . . Just be sure to stop all movement before engaging or disengaging it. I especially use it when pushing snow uphill or on wet grass conditions in culverts or uneven ground. Easy to use and easy to benefit from.

/ New GC1710
I am usually in low most of the time. I haven't had the need or tried to shift on a incline yet. The wheels stop spinning the the engine bogs down when this happens and I checked I was not getting hung up. However now that I am shifted into low completely I don't have this issue and the shifting has become smoother with use (12 hours now).