new Grapple

/ new Grapple #1  

york

Tractor
Kubote B3030
Hi guys,

I am new here-am adding a Igland grapple to my 553 loader,loader is on a 5045 JD.

My question is-what is the best way to get Hyd to operate the thumb on the grapple?

thanks,Bert

/ new Grapple #2  
I have an electric diverter valve for my grapple. With a touch of a button on the loader stick it diverts dump and curl to open and close of the grapple. I find Opening the grapple with dump and close with curl is most efficient for me. I can still operate the lift and lower of the loader with my hand and use a finger for the button, Hope this helps.

David

/ new Grapple #3  
I have to agree with adding a diverter for the dump curl lines. I recently added a grapple and bought a scorpion technologies trigger grip for my joystick. That way your hand is always on the stick and you're not reaching for a separate control.

While sometimes I wish the trigger controlled front-mounted machine guns, using it for my grapple or fel plow is still fun.

S-Series Glow.jpg

/ new Grapple #4  
While sometimes I wish the trigger controlled front-mounted machine guns, using it for my grapple or fel plow is still fun.

View attachment 225006

Excellent Idea!!, someone please mount some firearms to their tractor and please post vidoes it would be a blast !! You could say the heck with the rotary cutter and take care of those pesky trees with some large cal ammo, what fun. Maybe make it part of a 3 gun event or something !

/ new Grapple #5  
Hi guys,

I am new here-am adding a Igland grapple to my 553 loader,loader is on a 5045 JD.

My question is-what is the best way to get Hyd to operate the thumb on the grapple?

thanks,Bert

If it were me I'd run hoses back to the rear remote valve. Not quite as handy, but cheap, easy and reliable. On a 5045e the loader joystick and the rear remote levers are in close proximity so using it that way wouldn't be much of a hassle. I ran a setup like that on a JD 4400 for a few years, worked fine.

/ new Grapple #6  
If it were me I'd run hoses back to the rear remote valve. Not quite as handy, but cheap, easy and reliable. On a 5045e the loader joystick and the rear remote levers are in close proximity so using it that way wouldn't be much of a hassle. I ran a setup like that on a JD 4400 for a few years, worked fine.

I've got the JD hardlines installed on my 300cx Loader. The lines plug into the rear remotes and are controlled by the SCV. I have a root grapple that plumbs into the quick connects located on the front of the loader. To me this combination is excellent and easy to use.

Also have used the QD's that break at the center of the tractor to use the SCV to operate the loader when I connect my stump grinder to the joystick connections. Works great!.....and I only have ONE extra hydraulic circuit. Affordable for us tightwads! :thumbsup: :laughing:

/ new Grapple
Well guys,thanks for all the replies,will mull this over,again thanks Bert.

/ new Grapple
Looks like it pays to ask-am interested in the Scorpion p-series,for starters.