New guy 35TLB

/ New guy 35TLB #1  

Edstir

All you members amaze me. I am awed by the intelengent questions and answers. I found the site by accident on google while searching how to level land. I am in the process of planting grass and found so many good TBN techniques to complete the process. My experience with equipment started by renting a Case Extend-a-hoe to dig a ramp to the Kankakee River in Illinois after a landscaper failed to show up as contracted for the week I was on vacation. After the experience I thought I wanted a backhoe until I found out about 3 point hitches and the versatility of a tractor. After much searching and pricing I decided on looking for a used Kabota big enough to dig holes and back trailers into the river with the 4 wheel drive. My 2001
35TLB had 1025 hours and needed some work. The front wheel seal was leaking and the parking brake is frozen with the light on. It was a work horse for the previous owner who dug a lot of water lines for house flood control systems. I fixed the wheel leak and now a year later the other is leaking. I tried to take the backhoe off and it took 3 days because everything was frozen from the TLB sitting on a trailer out in the rain. I had to beat on the 3 point with a rubber mallet to get it to work up and down. When I went to change the motor oil which only had 25 hours on it according to the date and hours marked on the filter I discovered they never drained the old oil before putting in the new oil because it had double the quantity listed. Despite the these conditions this TOUGH RUGGED MACHINE is performing well past my expectations. It is a strong machine that I am still getting to know. I only have one acre but it is primarily undeveloped except for the new prefab house they brought down the center of the property leaving me with a lot of landscaping repair. My TLB is a present to myself and came just in time as I am in the process of retiring and will have more time to devote to my river property which will become my primary residence. I look forward to reading all the good country info that I can apply to my needs and from time to time I know I will be asking a few questions once I learn how to operate this site.
Thanks for your time.

/ New guy 35TLB #2  
Edstir said:
All you members amaze me. ...
RoyJackson is all I can say.....

Great story on recovering a tractor. Nice to see these things will stand the test of time and elements. Good job!

Welcome aboard.

:tiphat:

/ New guy 35TLB #3  
Greetings and welcome from another L35TLB owner....
The first week I had mine, I was less than impressed......
Then the mud finally turned to solid ground and now I am MORE THAN impressed with the power and capabilities of this little tractor.
I say little because most of my TLB time was on a JD500A and one of the larger 4x4 CATs which are both pretty hefty machines but outside of sheer capacity of the buckets (the CAT had over a yard capacity bucket!), the L35 does pretty much everything the others did - ON A LOT LESS DIESEL!

Fortunately, mine was kept inside most of it's life but the hoe sat outside for a while and the sun killed the right outrigger seal but that's an easy fix - at least according to the folks on here!

Good luck and keep us posted!