New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #1  

mikehammons

Tractor
235 massey ferguson
Hello Guys and Girls,

I like a place where you can go and get help when you need it. I am from the Tenn. area and just bought my first tractor. For me it is a nice tractor, Massey Ferguson 235. Leaks a little oil during use but it runs good. I have bought a 6 ft bush hog, boom lift, and yard box for it so far. I have a lot of attachments but they are for a smaller type tractor, not a 3 pt hitch. Most of the attachments will not work on the tractor. I am having a problem that I thought you guys with all your experience can help me with.
The problem I am having is with the bush hog. I am backing up on a lot of small saplings and sometime the mower deck will fly up causing my drive shaft to hit the front of the mower deck. I have tried to put a block up on the up and down lever to keep this from happening but I am afraid I am doing something major wrong. If you can help please let me know. If more information is need let me know also. thanks.

Mike.

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #2  
:welcome:
To TBN Mike. I don't fully understand. Are you saying that the 3pt is rising rapidly or is it the back wheel hits something and it jumps up?

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #3  
Hi Mike. Please accept by belated welcome to the forum! I am moving this thread to Massey section so it can get some views. Congrats on your first tractor :thumbsup:

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #5  
Welcome from fellow Massey owner.

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #6  
Three point linkage is single action, ie "up" or lift only, there is no down force. Putting a "stop " on the lever will NOT prevent the impliment from going to the full height of the 3 point linkage travel.
Are you "climbing" the saplings to brushhog them?
Is the brushhog deck level when mowing, or is it nose or tail high???
More info is required.

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #7  
Three point linkage is single action, ie "up" or lift only, there is no down force. Putting a "stop " on the lever will NOT prevent the impliment from going to the full height of the 3 point linkage travel.
Are you "climbing" the saplings to brushhog them?
Is the brushhog deck level when mowing, or is it nose or tail high???
More info is required.

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #8  
mikehammons:

Hello & welcome. I have a 251 Massey. When it was new-to-me bent the brand-new drive shaft from pto shaft to brush hog gear box by putting the top link in the wrong hole. Now I use the center of the three holes only for the bush hog. No pictures. Only grins now.

Starkiller Hollow

/ New guy in Tennessee, Massey Ferguson 235 #9  
Does your rotary cutter have a chain from the 3point A frame or solid metal support.