New Holland warning

/ New Holland warning #101  
To put it simple, you are missing the point completely. When your tractor breaks down and you take it to a dealer that you did not buy it from do you expect them to bring you out another tractor so you can still get your work done? I didn't think so. The people who do expect this type of service have a different look at the world and a different look at buisiness relationships. It comes down to what you expect and how you plan to get it. I know my dealer would not give me loaner tractors, discbines or rakes if I did not buy from them like I do. Heck, I even get to take tractors from their lot to try out with no intention to buy. They know this up front and still allow me to use the equipment because they know some day I will buy and they will get the sale. I can go there and take a $45k brand new tractor on Saturday morning, bale with it and bring it back the next week when it suits me. So I guess what I am trying to say, stop trying to convince people that you have the right idea. Your idea works for you and a lot of other people but in the ag world it would never work and to be honest, tractor companies are in business for farmers and their dealers know how to deal with farmers. I still do not consider my dealership as a store like I see dealerships referred to so many times on this site. I am done posting on this topic. Take care everyone.

/ New Holland warning #102  
<font color="red"> I don't want to pay NH or ANY large company thousands extra because they protect their dealers from outside competition. </font>

getut, I think that you hit the nail on the head, but I still think NH is missing the bigger picture. If a local dealer is $2000 higher than a long distance dealer, then the local dealer is ALSO going to be higher than OTHER BRANDS that can be found in the market. That over priced local dealer is costing NH a sale because $2000 is easily enough to drive someone over to a different brand, and given the price pressure from the Korean tractors, and given the level of quality that the Korean tractors have, a dealer who is trying to price gouge is going to lose sales for New Holland because consumers have many choices and most of them are good choices!

/ New Holland warning #103  
Robert, you're absolutely right. And you have an excellent dealer to work with! My dealer would NEVER do that for me.

I'm sure if all of us had excellent dealers like yours, we'd have no problem spending an extra 1K or so on a tractor. However, not all of us do, and the only way to "enforce" good behavior is to vote with our dollars. That's the bottom line.

Heck, I paid $2k more for my TC40D because I thought I was getting an excellent dealer. First break down (with 80 hours), he said he'd come out and pick the tractor up. After promises and calls, three weeks later I had to take the tractor in. In the meantime I was belittled into thinking I had "damaged" the tractor myself and I should pay. After my delivery and fix, they agreed that it was a warranty issue. Heck I described the exact problem with info from TBN.

Oh well, you understand my point. If the dealers would just treat us well, we wouldn't be having this aurgument.

/ New Holland warning #104  
Tractor123,

( What is your policy for warranty work? If I was to call you up and tell you that one of my couplers on the rear remote was leaking on my TN would you send me a new one to replace it? )

Robert - Thanks for asking. If you had a leaking coupler on your TN tractor that was under New Holland warranty, I would send you a new coupler that day at no charge, and this would be the same way with any warranty issue that we could both agree to the root of, as long as you or a qualified acquaintance felt comfortable installing the part. It would be your responsibility to send the old part back.

Thanks, Ted.

<font color="red"> </font> I will have to take you up on that one! I have already replaced the hydro hoses on my TC29D twice with less than 100 hours. The local dealer did exchange them for me. I had called your office the first time it happend at 5 hours, and someone there told me to send the old hoses first. What gives?

Erich

/ New Holland warning #105  
Robert... I know you said you were done with this thread but I would like to say that I respect that reasoning!!! Like I said, those types of issues had not been brought up in this thread (unless I missed it) before djrads mentioned sitting on tractors and you mentioned the extra service you get from your dealer.

The sad fact of the matter is that most home owner/weekend farmer types, of which the CUT and SCUT market is mostly made of do not usually require that type of service. Immediatly we balk at the extra money asked by these dealers. Frankly I would say that a dealer that goes the extra TEN miles as is the case with your dealer are far less than 1%.

Maybe there is a third option that we ALL are missing. Or possible middle ground. CUT and SCUT dealers who are mostly price oriented. Fair purchase price, fair service price, good service but in the same token, those dealers would be priced so that they do what you want and provide that , but you pay a fair price for each and every service offered. Then there would be the big AG dealers with purchase prices and profit amounts large enough for them to provide those unspoken, uncharged perks. The world does not have to be a tee totaler.

I would like to add though and clarify this post that the MARKET should decide when that happens. Not the corporation. The artificial protection is what my whole gripe was about.

Let me end by saying, I was NEVER trying to push my idea on other people. I like (actually love) the stimulating discussion. Conversation is far from stimulating and enjoyable when it is one sided. We each have provided cannon fodder for the other camp! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am VERY sure that there will be threads where we end up in the same camp and have similar frames of mind.

/ New Holland warning #106  
I was lucky. I purchased my TN75 from my local dealer, but only after I was able to show him a several thousand dollars savings from Corriher. Even though I spoke with the internet salesman from Corriher, he was very nice and said even if we didn't purchase from him that he was glad he could save me some money. So in the end I was able to help my local dealer but it wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't had that ebay tractor to show him proof of a lower price. And he still was able to make some money off of me.

/ New Holland warning #107  
Well, I guess I have a pretty darn good dealer, so I feel like I should give them some kudos. They sell Kubota, NH, and Case, and are 45 miles from me. There is a NH/Kubota dealer 10 miles from me, but I wanted the red machine, so I went a little further away. Both NH dealers I went to beat the price from Corriher's once the shipping was tacked on, and that was without having to do any haggling. I should add that the closer dealer knows I bought the Case at the other dealer, but still takes the time to show me implements and sell me any maintenance fluids, filters, etc. that I need, so I will give them kudos as well.

What I really like about my dealer is that I only purchased a small sub-cut, I've only been to the dealership once when first looking, and they have either come down to my house with a trailer, or sent the service technician down each and every time for warranty repairs, including a transport for the 50 hour service, all at no trip charges to me.

They are a huge ag dealer, and they treat me like I've purchased hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. So, for anyone in Colorado's northern front range area looking at either Case, New Holland, or Kubota, I would strongly recommend checking out B&G Equipment in Greeley.