New Holland Workmaster 35 (LS G3033) dash mounted electro-hydraulically engaged PTO

/ New Holland Workmaster 35 (LS G3033) dash mounted electro-hydraulically engaged PTO #1  

lmroy1979

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST w/ loader
Hi,
I am considering the New Holland Workmaster 35hst (LS tractor G3033). This tractor has a dash mounted electro-hydraulically engaged rear PTO. What is it exactly? Is it a gear that is engaged by an hydraulic "cylinder", or is it a hydraulic motor that powers the pto? Is it any good?

I also note that this is a clutch less tractor (no clutch pedal). Some say that a clutch less tractor is no tractor at all! Have you any experience with it? What would be the biggest pros and cons?

Thanks

/ New Holland Workmaster 35 (LS G3033) dash mounted electro-hydraulically engaged PTO #2  
Not familiar with that specific model, but it generally means that you have an electrical system, controlling and probably modulating the engagement of the the PTO, but the PTO actually uses a hydraulics and a wet clutch pack for engagement/disengagement which is very rugged if used properly. It is an independent type which means no matter what you are doing with the transmission, your actions do not affect the PTO. The PTO drive has a somewhat direct connection, with some gearing changes, to the engine.
As far as the transmission, it is a hydrostatic that does not require a clutch. Fluid drive systems have come along way and are used in much larger machines than this. They provide infinite speeds while allowing the engine and PTO to remain at a constant speed. Shuttling between forward and reverse is very favorable and quick as well.

/ New Holland Workmaster 35 (LS G3033) dash mounted electro-hydraulically engaged PTO #3  
HST drives have been around since 60's and perhaps the first ones might have been flawed a bit (cant confirm or deny this) but for these small CUT's I wouldn't want anything else. I do have a gear drive 70HP that I use mostly for mowing, disking & using a rotary tiller which with 20F/20R gears I can find about any speed I want. For my small B26 TLB, I wouldn't want anything else other than HST as it makes FEL and Backhoe use easy and fast. They are pretty well bullet proof as far as mechanical operation but most CUTs have an issue with oil filters located on the bottom of the tractor which can be a problem when operating in brush. I recently had to replace a broken oil filter housing that got snagged by a limb. The only thing I would change on them is to put the steering brakes on the opposite side from the HST pedal as they are almost impossible to use for anything other than stopping.

/ New Holland Workmaster 35 (LS G3033) dash mounted electro-hydraulically engaged PTO #4  
As far as the PTO electric clutch engagement, you pretty much don't have a choice on that anymore as no matter where you look, no more levers are used to engage the PTO. From lawn mowers to large utility tractors they mostly all use the electric engaged clutch or servo to turn on the PTO.

/ New Holland Workmaster 35 (LS G3033) dash mounted electro-hydraulically engaged PTO
The only thing I would change on them is to put the steering brakes on the opposite side from the HST pedal as they are almost impossible to use for anything other than stopping.
Thanks Gary. On the ls g serie and wormaster, the brake pedals are on the left side, where the clutch normaly is.