New Kioti owner from GA

/ New Kioti owner from GA #1  

AirOpsMgr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310SE, Scag Cheetah II 72"
Howdy y'all, long time reader of the forum, a lot of great info! Not new to tractors, but haven't had one for the past 20 yrs due to living in the suburbs, but now back out in the country.

Picked up a new Kiot DK5310SE cab recently and just finished up the 50hr svc on it (I only broke 2 filter wrenches trying to get the painted-on hydro filter off, lol).

Aside from mowing, some box blade work, and using the grapple to prep burn piles, most of my 50hrs of seat time has been using the LaneShark FEL-mounted cutter to clean up the brush, trim back trees and cut some trails in the woods.

Hope y'all have a good day!

Best regards

/ New Kioti owner from GA #3  
Howdy y'all, long time reader of the forum, a lot of great info! Not new to tractors, but haven't had one for the past 20 yrs due to living in the suburbs, but now back out in the country.

Picked up a new Kiot DK5310SE cab recently and just finished up the 50hr svc on it (I only broke 2 filter wrenches trying to get the painted-on hydro filter off, lol).

Aside from mowing, some box blade work, and using the grapple to prep burn piles, most of my 50hrs of seat time has been using the LaneShark FEL-mounted cutter to clean up the brush, trim back trees and cut some trails in the woods.

Hope y'all have a good day!

Best regards
Welcome to TBN. Welcome to the country life again as well. I joined it when I retired and left the Houston, TX area.

Gem from mid-Georgia

/ New Kioti owner from GA #4  
Welcome and Congrats. What is that attached to your front end loader in your Avitar? looks like one of those cutters the county uses to trim back trees infringing on roadways. Does it have a name?

/ New Kioti owner from GA
Welcome and Congrats. What is that attached to your front end loader in your Avitar? looks like one of those cutters the county uses to trim back trees infringing on roadways. Does it have a name?
Hi Yander, it's a LaneShark "LS-2" cutter, basically a 4' cutter that will cut up to 3", mounts via SSQA with different deck position settings and runs off of a 3rd function kit that they sell with a separate return line so you don't overheat the loader's 3rd function setup.

They sell a smaller "LS-3" model that is made to work with lower hyd GPM flow, their website shows the different mounting settings and models based on tractor size.

I bought it due to the amount of overgrown brush, kudzu, vines, etc we have on our property, I think it has 10 different positions, but have only used it in 3 so far (horizontal, vertical, and horizontal off-set to the side).

Hope that helps.

Let me see if I can attach some pics...
Best regards

20230427_181353.jpg

20230329_120257.jpg

20230329_161405.jpg

/ New Kioti owner from GA #7  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!