New Kioti TL-750 Track loader: Coyote Machine.

/ New Kioti TL-750 Track loader: Coyote Machine. #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
I just posted a fairly lengthy description of my purchase and trade in on a Kioti CK4020 SE/HST Cab tractor, along with this thread about my TL-750 Track loader. It is a 2023 model year; essentially year one for Kioti in the construction equipment market. IMHO, it sure took them long enough to finally produce a machine one can purchase through Kioti's dealer network. I was a little tired of hear soon, soon, soon as to when they'd be available to see and buy. Worth the wait, I'm hoping my experience will tell that story soon. This will be my 5th piece of Kioti equipment. The CK4020 is my third tractor since 2009, and I am keeping, for now, my 2014 Mechron 2200 PS.

The track loader is what replaces my Sany SY-50U 5 metric ton excavator. It's clearly not an apples to apples swap; more like apples to oranges - BUT I've wanted a track loader since forever; but none really appealed to me until Kioti entered the market.

Obviously, I have a lot invested in Kioti, because they make excellent value and dependable machines, from my personal experience with them to date.

Note: I have less than 10 hours total track loader experience. Like the Sany purchase, I did not want to drive any excavator or loader until I was ready to buy one. If I go look at something I really want - it gets bought. So I have to have done my research prior to sitting in the seat. The CK4020 I did NOT even look at or sit in one - I bought it wanting to downsize and to get a cab tractor. When it got delivered was the first time I laid eyes on one. I had seen them on You Tube and had a spec sheet sent to me by my dealer's salesman.

They took all my trade equipment and we hammered out the deal by text and phone. I had gone to see the TL-750, but only saw the floor demo - all the time I had that day.

It arrived when it was a fairly cold day, and I wanted the driver to show me how to use the hydraulic QA to disconnect the Ironcraft 72" bucket. No joy - we could not get it to detach from the QA. I parked it awaiting the tractor's arrival a few days later. I did move some snow and gravel in the interim. I figured when I had time to focus on it we would get it solved.

Today was when I did what had been suggested by my dealer: hit it with a hammer! That is hit the pins where they protrude through the bucket bottom bracket. I was hesitant to do so, particularly due to having to raise the loader with me in the seat, and reach out the door to swing the Snap-on large ball pein dead-blow hammer at the small tip of the pin where it pokes out at the base of the bucket's bottom plate. I first sprayed the crap out of the pins springs and whatever I could see/reack with some Liquid Wrench spray with Teflon. The hydraulic cylinder would retract somewhat before I did what I stated above, but neither pin released completely. So I next started hitting the release 'handles'; if that's what they're called - a much shorter, by far, version of a non-hydraulic QA seen on the CK4020. This maneuver got the right hand pin to finally move and we had complete release of the bucket pins. At that point I carefully lowered the bucket from it's raised position to where I could off load it and then install my Igland GR-20 log grapple.
I had decided that both the CK4020 AND the TL-750 will share flat faced couplers, as are used on almost all track loaders. This allows me to use implements on both the tractor AND track loader interchangeably.

I was able to get the grapple to open and close, very rapidly, I might add, so I need to see if I can adjust the flow rate of the hydraulics, so it doesn't slam full open or closed. I was , after fooling with the joystick buttons, able to use the slide/rocker switch to gain better control of the open/close functions.

It is a Kioti, and it is incredibly strong and very intimidating, what with it's full cage and 74.xx HP engine, etc. I will say it's NOT easy to enter for anyone with somewhat short legs or one who has any mobility issues; but once inside the cab it is IMHO quite roomy.

Full disclosure- this year I will turn 72, so overall flexibility is an issue at times. And, like with the Sany purchase - it's now or never - I'm not buying this type machine ten years from now - enjoy it while you can, right!
The thing I learned with using the excavator is this - getting on or off it, ALWAYS 3 points of contact - meaning two hands on grab bars, and one foot; withOUT exception, if one likes arriving safely when climbing on/off the machine. The 750 requires the same procedure - EXACTLY! The bucket is deep from cutting edge to the back where the step is a grid meant to hold one's foot without slippage. There is another built on step on the loader in front of the cab entry door. And some anti-slip grit pad on the loader QA mechanism. The brand new Ironcraft bucket with it's powder coat finish was looking slipperier than a wet banana peel, so I threw down some sand to get a chance of gription while learning how to navigate entry/egress. (The bucket brand is what Kioti will be supplying under their label, once things are fully rolling with their vendors - from my dealer's info to me...).

Suspension seat, with dual armrests is great. The heat blasts one's butt out the door, and the AC will have to wait for review until it's at least 70 degrees ambient temp!

I haven't played the Bluetooth stock Kioti provided radio - so I can't really comment on it. I will say that it is exactly the same as the one in the CK4020. From You Tube vids I've seen about the CS, CX and CK tractors there is a weird aux jack, and a stereo switch to avoid using the aux pin plug jack, blah, blah, and I know a few don't like the supplied radio and get their own, and some replace the speakers too.
Refer to 1st reply to my other thread about my CK4020. There is more description on the subject.

I look forward to using my tree shear, that is best suited to a track loader than my DK-40 former tractor; even though it was specked to be used with 40HP and up tractors, I felt it is too heavy for the tractor's loader, though again it did handle the shear, IMO just not adequately. The track loader's flow rate will undoubtedly open/close the shear's jaw much faster, with much less, (yawn), lag time between cuts.
The possibilities are endless for me to use the 750 for all kinds of tasks- like my 72" HLA snowplow with crossover valve that keeps blade hits from shocking the loader arms, mostly on my tractor, though also on the 750's loader too.

Dislikes: None really - it's too early for me to know much beyond my short time in the seat.
Obviously, the QA pin release issue is not something I expected, and I hope it is not a common occurrence. My selling dealer says it happens to most brands, especially if dirt or freezing temps are abundant. Jury is out on this concern. They did say with use it may subside and things wear-in...

I like the display, though always a bigger screen would be great. It has a built in back-up cam. I will likely add a flat bar to allow the entire display to be raised and closer to me in the seat. This should be easy 'fix' because there is a fairly long cable feeding it, and there is a know to tighten/adjust the display position; just not enough current adjustment for me to get it close enough for me to see it as clearly as I want to.
I'm probably going to wrap the exterior grab bars with grip tape to make for less chance of any hand slippage, especially when they are wet.

I like the battery switch; same brand as I use on my boat. I would want Kioti to beef up the gas shock that props up the fan housing on the rear deck, There is a rigid arm to help prop the fan enclosure for extended time- but a stronge shock would help the situation.
I haven't lifted the cab over the engine yet, but I will at some point. I get 3 years/3000 hours at my farm location, service from my dealer's service truck, for warranty work. (They were good with the Sany service- there were a few issues, mostly minor fixes; a starter and battery and some TSB ignition stuff they took care of during the first few months of ownership). After that, no more service trips on that machine.

I'm fortunate to have radiant floor heated bays in my barn for most of my equipment storage - though the 750 will likely reside in my boat bay - which does not have heat. For that I will add a battery tender cable attached to the battery posts so as needed it can be plugged in and turned on. Additionally, as I did with the Sany, I will probably add a battery heater pad and a Thermo-cube connection block, which plugs into a 3 prong outlet and turns on the heater at 36 degrees and off at 45 degrees. This worked well for when the Sany stayed outside in cold weather.
That's it for now. I will update when I have more use on the machine.

Last edited:
   / New Kioti TL-750 Track loader: Coyote Machine. #2  
Can I ask what you had to pay for the machine? About those latch pins they have to be well greased or that happens.

/ New Kioti TL-750 Track loader: Coyote Machine.
Can I ask what you had to pay for the machine? About those latch pins they have to be well greased or that happens.
You can ask. I won't say, because I've worked hard to establish a working relationship with my selling dealer, and his employees. And the deal was predicated on numerous factors including but not limited to condition and maintenance of my traded equipment, hours on machines, and how I paid for it all.
Next question?

Update on TL-750.

Found my Igland brand grapple; model GR-20, was leaking hydraulic fluid at the flat faced connectors where they attach to the track loader couplers. This was my mistake - due to thinking the O-ring boss flat faced couplers I attached to the grapples hose ends were O-ring boss also. It turns out the hoses were BSP, (British standard pipe), due to the grapple being made in Norway. The O-ring boss couplers fit, BUT did not seal adequately; and the hoses were also too short, due to being routed to the grapple's right side, and the loader's couplers being on the left.
Six foot hose length was way to short to route right then left, so I had new 11' hoses made up to make sure there was no shortage, to allow full range of loader lift, curl, dump.

In the process I leaked out nearly a 1/2 gallon of hydraulic fluid. This presented the main problem. Owner's manual specs AW ISO 46 hydraulic fluid, ONLY.
I had some AW ISO 32, that I was told I could use to top off the 10 gallon reservoir, BUT I wanted to use the specified hydraulic fluid.
I found that my local Kubota dealer had the correct hyd fluid, so I bought a 2.5 gallon jug of it.
Numerous companies make the AW ISO 46, BUT not all these fluids meet the stringent standards necessary to fulfill the machine manufacturers requirements.

I was cautioned to steer clear of TSC's ISO 46, because it may contain 'line wash' fluids that have no standards, AND it does NOT specify any specifications that it meets, anywhere. YMMV.
(I spoke to an unnamed source- who will remain forever anonymous; who has many years in the fluid supply industry).

Consider that 10 gallons of hydraulic fluid of a specific viscosity is pumped through hoses at pressures upward of 20+gallons/minute - way higher than most tractor fluids ever endure, and it makes sense that the fluid used and it's viscosity are critical to proper use and outcomes, longevity, etc.

So caveat emptor, to new TL-750 owner/users - Kioti does NOT, to my knowledge, currently sell their own brand AW ISO 46 hydraulic fluid- but maybe they might, hopefully in short order. In the meantime- high quality lube manufacturers DO supply it, so that allows one to use their products, as I am doing, in the interim.

On another note, after several installs/removals of my OEM bucket and my aformentioned grapple, it seems the hydraulic QA mechanism if releasing my implements without the right side pin hanging up, and not wanting to release as intended.
I will report back if further issues arise in future...
CM out

Last edited:
   / New Kioti TL-750 Track loader: Coyote Machine. #5  
Other than your minor issues, how are you liking it? Shear and grapple use?

Other than your minor issues, how are you liking it? Shear and grapple use?
D& D,
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your question. I do really like the 750 Track Loader.
It can lift more snow and ice/slush than imagineable. It can, (with it's Iron Craft brand 72" (deep floor)? bucket, lift the loaded bucket high above existing piled snow, (from my guys, plowing by truck), to allow for way more space to store the 2+' we had recently; on top of what was already there, and is now being dumped as I write this.

I REALLY like the vertical lift feature of the loader, which allows to bucket to lift straight up and overhead - to allow any bucket load to be dumped farther into the center of large tri-axles; or in my case, further toward the snow pile's peak.
I try to pile snow close to my stream bed, so when melt occurs I can have benefit of close proximity to my culvert feeding the stream.

I got a letter from Kioti about a immediate necessity 'product upgrade' - other words for a recall, to change out a fuel line to prevent possible fuel leakage. It's now scheduled to be replaced at my farm, no cost for part or labor.
This is fine by me and exactly what Kioti or any other brand manufacturer ought to be doing to keep issues at bay. I got the notice before my dealer, and sent them a copy, and they ordered to fuel line right away.

I don't like where the fill plug for the hydraulic tank is located - right under the right side loader arm, near where it hinges at the rear side of the machine.
I found the square headed large plug loose, and let my dealer know. That is crappy PDI in my opinion, and could have led to potential contamination issues, just being loose; even had the plug not fallen off the machine from vibration, etc. It does have an o-ring seal, but it doesn't seal when it's left loose. Good for all that I caught it when filling the tank due to my grapple hose fittings leaking.

Speaking of my grapple and tree shear, I just got the tree shear flat faced couplers connected to it and tested it on the CK, before trying it on the 750. It's just easier to get in and out of the CK than the 750, before I work out how I'm going to add a weld on step to the right side of the grapple QA plate to make for safe access into the cockpit of the 750. (Not sure if I will need a similar step for the sheer, until I mate it to the 750)...
(I plan to use a piece of grate metal like one places in a raised deck to allow snow/mud to drop through at an exterior door entry.
I'll have it welded in place at the appropriate height when I'm able to get to it on my list).
The sheer worked, but it's pretty slow on the CK due to flow/gpm and I wasn't running it at very high RPMs - I was just testing for fitting leaks and overall function. Took out a few saplings, and did have one leak, which is now resolved...
Will report overall function when weather settles and I test it on the 750. Am looking forward to see how it performs.
CM out

Last edited: