New L3400 HST 3 PT Lift smooth?

/ New L3400 HST 3 PT Lift smooth? #21  
When Kubota sent me my new owners survey I filled it out and in the comments section I said exactly what you just said. Did they really think no one would notice the 3pt. shudder or did they not test properly? Who knows. Just glad they stepped up and took care of the problem. That is all we can really ask for. I would like to think that by now the 2800 and 3400 HST's come equiped with the better valve. Next time I am at my dealer I will ask. Brian

/ New L3400 HST 3 PT Lift smooth? #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would really appreciate that information also. I have not called my dealer yet. But it would be great to have this information also. Anyone with all the information if you could post it or pm to me would be great. I find it it very appalling (spell ? ) for a dealer to be on here saying it will cost us money to fix a manufacturing problem!!!! )</font>
My brother contacted our Dealer and wa- la new valve on order and they will replace it at no cost to us. He knew it would shudder!--- Never questioned anything just said ok and he would replace it. I hope everyone else with same problem is able to getthis kind of service.

/ New L3400 HST 3 PT Lift smooth? #23  
Here's the pertinent service notice...

PSB-2005-052
Date: 15 September 2005
Title
L28 & 3400 HST; PTO “Ratcheting Noise”
Group Code
PT06
Product Line
L-series
Model Number (s)
L2800HST, L3400HST
Service Information
Subject:
On HST MODELS, a “Ratcheting” noise may be heard during rear PTO disengagement.
This noise results from the overrunning action of the PTO clutch cams.
The clutch cams absorb inertia during the shutdown mode of implements, such as a rear rotary cutter.
SOLUTION:
A Transmission Oil Level Kit has been developed to “quiet” this noise.
This kit, allows additional hydraulic oil to be added to the transmission reservoir.
By adding oil, the PTO clutch cams will then be submerged below the oil which will “quiet” the noise.
• The purpose of this bulletin is to address any customers with this complaint.
• To correct this concern; please order Transmission Oil Level Kit, Part Number TC220-99680.

/ New L3400 HST 3 PT Lift smooth? #24  
Wrong bulletin haszko. The problem that is being referred to in this post is a shuddering problem on the positon control valve for the three point hitch. This problem affects not only the HST models but the DT models as well. Thanks for posting the info you had on the PTO problem.

/ New L3400 HST 3 PT Lift smooth?
Reply..
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. I've been in Kubota La La land. I really can't say enough good things about this tractor. I probably will not have an opportunity to use the PTO until next spring; but, I have been using the 3pt lift with my blade. A few months ago, before I purchased my L3400HST I was reviewing this forum and noticed the issues about the 3pt lift shuddering. Long story short, I showed the dealer the thread from this site and he got right on it. He initially was not aware of it. He contacted Kubota (Phil Ingram...I think), and ordered the replacement valve (GrandL series), did the installation and readjustment. He also serviced the PTO...recall, and had it all done before I took delivery. As others have mentioned, the work was under warranty. The dealer was one of the best dealers that I had ever been to...they seem to be very customer driven. What a relief that is these days.
Today the lift seems to respond in about 1/4" to 1/2" increments at the blade. It also responds instantly even in freezing temperatures. I have used the blade to do some leveling and spreading and have been impressed with the results.
I am also very please with the HST and the Loader. I think it would be hard to beat this little tractor even with a more expensive one.

/ New L3400 HST 3 PT Lift smooth? #26  
"Bimp" this up to the top again. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Does anyone have the current "PSB" number for the 3pt shudder? I'm picking up my L3400 this afternoon and wanted to mention it to the dealer.