New member, hunting help on John Deere 4300 sst 3 speed.

/ New member, hunting help on John Deere 4300 sst 3 speed. #1  

Sgtjacman

Tractor
John deere 4300 sst 3 speed
Hi, my name is Pat and I inherited a 4300 john deere 3 speed sst from my father. I remember splitting the tractor with him to repair the range shifter fork as it had broken and less than 500 hrs. Now I have a new problem, 996 hrs. I was dragging the driveway the other day and after about 3 trips back and forth from end to end (about 1000ft.) I went to turn around and went to reverse backed up and low and behold it's stuck in reverse. So far I've driven all over in reverse trying to get it out, jacked up each rear tire and while moving the tire back and forth still could not get it out of reverse. Any and all help appreciated. I have a mechanical background and I'm not scared to tackle any job. But my service knowledge of this tractor is limited to preventative maint. To when my dad and I split the tractor.

/ New member, hunting help on John Deere 4300 sst 3 speed. #2  
I have a PDF of the tech manual you're welcome to, shoot me your email if wanted

Joe

/ New member, hunting help on John Deere 4300 sst 3 speed.
I have a PDF of the tech manual you're welcome to, shoot me your email if wanted

Joe[/QUOT
Thank you Joe,
I have a tech. Manuel, but it doesnt show or I cant find an illustration of where the shift lever goes into the transmission case where something could be binding or broken. I guess if I dont hear something else I could try soon, tearing it down is in order.
Again thanks,
Pat