New member looking for XR series experiences

/ New member looking for XR series experiences #1  

FLfish

Tractor
Looking at LS XRSeries
I signed up yesterday and need some help getting off the fence. I am researching tractors and testing them for a purchase in about 3 weeks. Would like advice from LS XR-series owners or anyone who decided against LS.
I have a 3-5 ac garden in my plans with 10 ac woods needing cleaned up and a 400' driveway to maintain. I have decided if I get an LS I will go with the XR over the GS series. What I am hung up on is which one will best suit my needs, get the job done and leave me time to catch a few fish. :)
I would appreciate any advise anyone here could give me.
Thanks in advance.

/ New member looking for XR series experiences #3  
Welcome to TBN...
I posted to your other thread about my XR3037HC.

/ New member looking for XR series experiences #4  
I have a 2013 R4041H. Don't know much about the XR series, but I am thoroughly and completly happy with my LS.

/ New member looking for XR series experiences
Welcome to TBN...
I posted to your other thread about my XR3037HC.

Thanks I was advised to post on the LS forum. I will read there.

/ New member looking for XR series experiences #6  
Welcome Aboard, FLfish! Alachua/Gainesville over here.

You're gonna love that tractor. Got mine last year. it's small enough to sip fuel and big enough to drag a 72" Finish mower around in 100 degree heat
with the a/c kicking. Just be mindful of your fluids and PM.
It'll work like a machine twice it's size for you.

/ New member looking for XR series experiences #7  
LOVE my XR3037C although i seem to be the odd man out as i have a gear drive. Been great this winter with the snowblower! Started all the way down to -10* without issue! .75 gallons an hour with A/C on and a 72" bush hog. I have 103 hours on mine with only a wiper motor and a door shock replaced.....

/ New member looking for XR series experiences #8  
Wait till you get to driving through some trees and a small limb SLAPS the rear view mirror up against the cab.
That''ll wake you up!

Sheez, I thought for sure that I'd broken the glass but it made more noise than damage.
Sure was an eye opener. Thought for a seond that I was down on the shooting range with the boyz.
Yeah, that kinda loud!

/ New member looking for XR series experiences #9  
I love my XR4040. I have 31 hours on it and have the filters on hand for my 50 hour service. My dealer give me the filters when I purchased the tractor. I went with the shuttle shift and I am very happy with it. I didn't even test drive the hydro as I wanted a bigger tractor and was at the top of my price range. My only complaint is that I don't have more time to spend on it. I have five acres and will have cutting to do when the weather warms up, this tractor will make short work of the grass/brush that I have to deal with.