New Member Mitsubishi D3250FD

/ New Member Mitsubishi D3250FD #1  

Erik N

Tractor
Mitsubishi D3250FD
Hello guys, I just joined this forum. This is my first post, I didn't see a "General" forum so I chose this one (mods feel free to move if needed).

Anyway, I finally bought a Mitsubishi D3250FD that I had been courting for a couple of years. Year is unknown. Yes, it's a Vietnamese rebuild, it has "only" 155 hours on it LOL. I already changed the hydraulic pump (kudos to Leighton at Creative Resource Industries for his tremendous assistance in finding a replacement) so it works as it should now.

I have a PTO question: Anyone know the gear ratios in the 4-speed PTO transmission? My parts manual does not indicate that. There is a mark on the tach at 2700, presumably to indicate optimal PTO output, but the engine only really wants to rev to 2500 tops.

I did see a thread on a different forum PTO brush hog question on a different Mitsubishi tractor where someone had figured it out, but I have no idea if the ratios would be similar between the two models (probably), or even where the ratio numbers came from. Thanks guys!

Anyway, here's a pic. I live in Montana.

Attachments

• Stinky Linda.jpg
    Stinky Linda.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
   / New Member Mitsubishi D3250FD #2  
2700 my be the "red line" for rpm, not the optimal PTO speed. I think 2000 to 2400 would be more appropriate for PTO. I had a D2350 but unfortunately (for you) I let the manuals go with the tractor. There is a Mitsubishi forum on this site. You might try checking there.

/ New Member Mitsubishi D3250FD
A guy at work has a photo sensor tachometer. I'll borrow it and post the findings.