New MX5400

/ New MX5400 #71  
I hope I'm happy with this as well; given that the rotary will cut heavier material, and higher, I won't have to stress if I can't get to mowing right away. 30 acres of mowing isn't something I want to rule my life. :confused3:

Congrats on the new tractor Steppenwolfe :thumbsup: Out of curisosity, why did you decide to go with a rotary cutter instead of a flail mower?

/ New MX5400
Congrats on the new tractor Steppenwolfe :thumbsup: Out of curisosity, why did you decide to go with a rotary cutter instead of a flail mower?

12ft of cutting! And... I thought (hope) it would perhaps be more kind to turtles and snakes out and about. I'll probably leave it at 6 inches mowing height.

/ New MX5400 #73  
How's the 12 set up? 3x4' or do they do 6+6? One "wing". Either way you'll have a good time - 12' at a time. :laughing:
I had a 15' and lots of rocks poking up, that really kept me busy "flapping" my wings over the rocks, but man your getting it done compared to a 8' bushog.

/ New MX5400
How's the 12 set up? 3x4' or do they do 6+6? One "wing". Either way you'll have a good time - 12' at a time. :laughing:
I had a 15' and lots of rocks poking up, that really kept me busy "flapping" my wings over the rocks, but man your getting it done compared to a 8' bushog.

I think at 60 inch in the middle with two 48's on the sides. Haven't hooked her up yet. AND... IT WAS ONLY A 5FT BUSH HOG... :confused2:

/ New MX5400
Pic from the dealer parking lot...

Attachments

• mower6.jpg
    mower6.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 101
   / New MX5400 #76  
You'll be fine. A pull behind mower is a piece of cake compared a 3pt. Just always use whatever (mechanical) wing lock (in the up or transport position) or your hyd. lines will be under pressure for re-connecting.
(If it's like my old Woods)

/ New MX5400
You'll be fine. A pull behind mower is a piece of cake compared a 3pt. Just always use whatever (mechanical) wing lock (in the up or transport position) or your hyd. lines will be under pressure for re-connecting.

Roger that :thumbsup: Can't wait to mow some grass...

/ New MX5400 #78  
While you're waiting for greener pastures, go get a pretty orange canopy and a fan for that hot VA sun. :thumbsup:

/ New MX5400 #79  
There's a pretty good thread on TBN about mounting a canopy fan