NEW New Guy

/ NEW New Guy #41  
Welcome Gary. I agree with Jag. I "retired" about two years ago and started looking for country property in the 20 to 50 acre size. My wife convinced me to move cross-country (West to East) to a larger piece of land. Ended up with 273 acres with no regrets. Lots more fencing and fields/woods to play in with the tractor. She tells everyone she's now a tractor widow. Just starting go get bids on the house and shop. Best of luck with your new directions. I'm sure you won't regret it.

/ NEW New Guy #42  
You are reading my mind. On the other hand, saving the best for when I get home has some merit. I find that I am reading all the threads, even the ones over two years old. Have found many answers to questions.
This group is the best.
Paul

/ NEW New Guy
Hi Nick - It is a small world, isn't it? Lab Safety is one of the largest safety equipment distributors in the country. A guy and his wife (the Hedberg's) started the company in their garage. A couple of years ago, they sold Lab Safety to Grainger for a "few" million /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif! Not bad. Now, our new library is named after them (cause they donated a bunch of money to it), and a whole bunch of other things in town. But Janesville not only famous for GM and Lab Safety. For years, Janesville was the ONLY place in the world where Parker Pens were made /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. A few years back, the Gillette Corp. bought them out, and moved the operation to London /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif. Really put the hurts on the community.

/ NEW New Guy
Thanks Mike for the advice. You know, I did try out that seat on the NH D's /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif/w3tcompact/icons/love.gif/w3tcompact/icons/love.gif! Even not having a lot of experience in the seat of a tractor I was able to tell the difference from other seats. My only concern is if that is the only real difference, can it justify the extra cost. I 'spose if I ultimately don't get one, I'll be able to answer that question in short order after putting in some time on the other type.

/ NEW New Guy
I'm already re-thinking how much land we'll be looking for. When I mentioned the other guys comments about the acreage we were thinking about to the wife, she thought about it and said "Great, then we can have a pond, and a couple of orchards, a corral or two (we don't even have any horses /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif), etc." YIKES /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif! I thought we were going to do this when I retired!!! I guess I might need to consider a slightly LARGER tractor /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif!

/ NEW New Guy
You mean like I'm doing now /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif!