NEW NOISE IN MY X-758

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758 #1  

KEYBEAR

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere X-758
The tractor has 119 hours on it and the mower deck is making a rattling noise in the front . I only hear the rattling when using the mower no noise at all when deck is not running . I have checked most everything all is tight I service every 8/10 hours . The noise started this spring any thoughts .:anyone:

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758 #2  
Video it, put on youtube, and then link it here... will give us an audio.

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758
I do not video or you tube or face book . It may be the idler pulley I had it off last fall and showed it to a JD shop guy he thought it was fine . It is not real bad(the pulley) and I may just buy a new one .
I really do not think it is the idler pulley but it is cheap .

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758 #4  
If you take the deck off the tractor -
Then release the tensioner spring you can -
Rotate/spin each spindle and idler individually to help -
Locate the source of your noise.

Also check the gearbox mounted on the deck. Check for oil leakage and rumbles in the bearings.

Check underneath the deck for blade contacting any bent sheetmetal.

Report back...

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758
Took the deck off today after mowing for a good clean and service . The idler pulley is shot and will replace next week .

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758 #6  
Grease all three spindles and the PTO shaft UJ's & Slider joint while you're there. If you take the blades off to sharpen them then remove the deflector cups and clear any wrapped debris at the same time.

:thumbsup:

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758
Grease all three spindles and the PTO shaft UJ's & Slider joint while you're there. If you take the blades off to sharpen them then remove the deflector cups and clear any wrapped debris at the same time.

I Service the deck at 8/10 hours and yes grease it all the blades are new (8hours ago) an look good .
When you say take the cups off an look for wrapped stuff . My renter farms the field next to my home and spreads cow crap on it . The bedding used has binder twine and they do not keep it out of the bedding birds drop it all over my yard . Always cleaning it out .

/ NEW NOISE IN MY X-758 #9  

I Service the deck at 8/10 hours and yes grease it all the blades are new (8hours ago) an look good .
When you say take the cups off an look for wrapped stuff . My renter farms the field next to my home and spreads cow crap on it . The bedding used has binder twine and they do not keep it out of the bedding birds drop it all over my yard . Always cleaning it out .

Oh that's gotta suck big time. I know all about baler twine in my tiller.