New Polaris Ranger HD

/ New Polaris Ranger HD #1  

slooc1

Just bought my first utility vehicle. Did some extensive rersearch & looking at all the different brands. Ending up buying a brand new 09 Polaris Ranger HD version. The reason why? A nice bench seat that will seat three, power steering, tilt wheel, self leveling shocks, 700 efi, more capacity & cargo room than most others...really nice riding machine that comes setup with nice tires/rims. Yeah it's a bit pricey but at this point in time there isn't anything out there that compares to this machine. This thing will haul stuff & do work related chores with the best of em...but also play with the best of em too!

I have 300 acres of farmland up in the mountains of VT & really look forward to using this thing. I will report back once I get a chance to use it. Anyone else on here have any experience with Polaris Rangers?

/ New Polaris Ranger HD #2  
Congratulations

I looked at the HD very closely but settled for the XP. I agree, the overall specs are confirmed by the test drives and actual performance now that I have been using mine on the field and in the bush.

Good luck and keep us informed.

/ New Polaris Ranger HD #3  
I almost bought one as well, I am totally with you on the bench, it makes it easy on us farmers to hop in and out all day. I test drove one and wife told me it was too fast and I would get hurt. I ended up with an 09 Mule, it has less vibration and a shorter turning radius but will get whomped by the HD. I think it will serve you very well. Enjoy.

/ New Polaris Ranger HD #4  
I have a Polaris Ranger 6x6 that I bought 10 years ago to maintain a similar sized property in central Vermont. It's still going strong. I take it in for service every two years and it's still doing as much work as it was in the beginning.

I have the two usual upgrades - power dump body and a Warn winch. I use the dump body almost every day and if I'm lucky I only use the winch once a month. I've added a couple of useful additions - a thick horse stall mat for the bottom of the bed to protect it from all the rocks that get thrown in there. Built up the sides of the bed so it's about 30 inches tall. Welded a chain hook on the back frame so I can use a chain to pull logs out - works a lot quicker than playing around with the winch.

It rates right up there with the grapple on my tractor as my favorite tool.

Have fun.