New self propelled mower thoughts

/ New self propelled mower thoughts
Do the current Exmarks have the tranny issues? I was under the impression this was fixed with new builds. Maybe I have been misled. My friend’s Exmark has been flawless. If I could get past the price, I would get one.

Yes. Blade brake is great.

I have heard these thing recently but of course cant say they are true, but it did get my attention.
I spoke to a couple pro's and they complained about the trannys. (Also some liked them and never had a problem) They also mentioned that whenever the belt breaks the blades go out of time and slam into each other causing you need to replace them also. Today I spoke to a dealer that mentioned "tranny" and "belt" issues and recommended going with a single blade 21". I know this is by no means a statistically valid sample but still enough to scare me. I also am a little put off on the price (to buy one and the replacement parts).
I like the idea of getting a good solid mower that will last like Snobdds fathers/his Deere has.

/ New self propelled mower thoughts #22  
That little 30 doesn't seem very commercial to me though. The folks generally like the home owner version and they did change the idler pulley set up. What really has worked nice are the regular mid size commercial walk behinds. I don't think the little 30 has it.

/ New self propelled mower thoughts
No worries - it happens.

To add to the thread - I finally got out to look at the Honda commercial - nice mower but not super heavy duty.
Checked out the Toro 30's - didn't care fo the handles and ergonomics and the dealer mentioned that trannys have been an issue on the mower, felt that was due to the weight of the mower.
Went to another dealer and saw the new Bad Boy (Made by Ybravo) - going to order one. extremely well built and solid. Replacement parts are very reasonable if needed and most guys seems to like them. It is heavy at 125lbs for the 25" but it appears to be built last and it has the Kawasaki motor that is pressurized with spin on oil filter so that is a be plus in my book.

/ New self propelled mower thoughts #25  
Good job, sounds like a winner.