New Shoes For Allis

/ New Shoes For Allis #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Got some new rears tires mounted on my new rims for the 55 Allis CA. Now just have to get the time to put everything back together.

They are Alliance, whom are Yokohama, who just bought Trelleborg/Mitas.

I wanted to get Firestone but my tire guy dropped them because he said during covid they were the only company that would not work with him on pricing and he said if he priced me Firestones I would think he was ripping me off, LOL

Attachments

• 20230919_165840.jpg
    20230919_165840.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 50
   / New Shoes For Allis #2  
What is it about a new set of tires, you want to check them out all the time. Or maybe that's just my weirdness.

/ New Shoes For Allis
What is it about a new set of tires, you want to check them out all the time. Or maybe that's just my weirdness.
LOL Originally I was just replacing rims because the originals finally started to crumble from the calcium but the tires still had lots of tread. But once I started to dismount the old ones I realized how rotten they were too.

These are sure a lot nicer to handle now though with no calcium in them, LOL

This one is just a play toy, so not loading them. If I use it in the pulls I'll weight it instead.

/ New Shoes For Allis
Those are going to look good on the old girl.
Other than the whole tractor is in it's work clothes but it will have two shiny rims, LOL
Saving that restoration for my retirement project so I can take my time and go right through it. Motor is already rebuilt.

/ New Shoes For Allis
Well finally got her back on her feet today. I had to give up on painting again for now. Couldn't find proper paint in my town anywhere in stock.

Found an easy tire holder to hold them upright while I put the center dish and all the eccentrics back in one at a time.

Attachments

• 20230924_123027 (Medium).jpg
    20230924_123027 (Medium).jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230924_163510 (Medium).jpg
    20230924_163510 (Medium).jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 43
   / New Shoes For Allis #7  
Loaders are basically the best thing ever. 🤣

That AC is a lot nicer than you let on.

/ New Shoes For Allis
Loaders are basically the best thing ever. 🤣

That AC is a lot nicer than you let on.
You betcha. I love my antique tractors but I will always want a modern loader around.

And thanks. But I just always want museum quality looks. I like shiny. LOL

/ New Shoes For Allis
Just gotta do a fluid and filter change and got a box from Steiners here all new gauges, and felts for the fuel tank straps.

Now just need to order a new center cowl section under the fuel tank. The other side still has the tool box door, but somebody hacked that big hole in this side.

Motor is rebuilt, just needs paint.

Attachments

• 20230925_113327.jpg
    20230925_113327.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 41