new tc35d owner

/ new tc35d owner #1  

gmason

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC35D4
I just filled out all the paperwork for my new tc33d w 16la loader. I thought I'd get to a few of the question I've got from my test drives. The 72" loader bucket seems very good. How has it been holding up for everyone? I see that it has a tube/pipe type top to the bucket. This will make it very hard to attach something to it. How have ya'll been attaching hooks/chains to the bucket?
Speaking of the loader, where does it get all it's strength from? The specs say it's max load is 1800lbs, that's nearly 1000lbs more than the loader for the tc33, or double!!
It doesn't have the look or weight of a much larger loader, and the hydraulics aren't that much larger.
Is anyone concerned about the longevity of the electric toggle switches for the cruise control and speed selector? It seems like dust and water can get down into the switch pretty easily. Have people been disconecting the engine shutoff switch when you get out of the seat? How's the power steering pump, enough power to the front wheels?
How's the senitrack hyro working out. What's the longevity of this sensor?
thanks and getting excited
gary

/ new tc35d owner #2  
Congratulation Gray. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
You forgot to mention when your new pride and joy arrives home. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Have you ask your dealer to install the hooks on your bucket...might be a tad easier for you.

Try and have a good nights rest. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ new tc35d owner #3  
Hey Gary,

That's a great machine you have there. Let me try some answers for you.

6' Bucket has been holding up real well no problems at all. One the other hand I don't stress mine that much.

I think the rolled steel at the top of the bucket makes it much stronger. Although I don't have any bucket hooks, I assume that you could weld them on and just drape the chains over the rolled steel and down.

Yes, the loader is pretty stong. Perhaps it is a bunch of small things. Increased hydro pressure, larger cylinders and better geometry. One the other hand the loader does seem a little slow...

I'm not real concerned about the speed selector switches going bad. After all, every tractor I see has all its switches hanging out in the weather. Worse case replacing them shouldn't be too hard. BTW I use that speed selector all the time. I think it is a really useful feature.

Power steering pump is fine. I'm never lacking power no matter what the RPM.

I've left my engine shutoff alone. The only time it bothers me is when I'm backing up and standing slightly in the saddle for a better view. Too much standing and the engine will shut off. That's a minor issue in my opinion and not a good enough reason to disconnect an otherwise useful feature. Otherwise, it just encourages you to put the tractor in neutral and set the brake when the engine (or PTO) is running and you want to get off the machine. Hard to argue with that practice.

I don't have the sensitrack hydro... I thought that was only available with supersteer?

Congrats on a great machine.

Peter

/ new tc35d owner
thanks Peter,
I should have it in my garage by Wednesday afternoon.
Where is hillsboro Va, we have a place up in Independence Va.

/ new tc35d owner #5  
No problem Gary,

Hillsboro is just North (say 7 miles) of Purcellville. Purcellville is in Northern VA just to the West of Leesburg. How about you? Where is Independence?

Peter

/ new tc35d owner #6  
Gary, I must admit it is fun to hear about someones getting a new tractor. Part of it is just knowing the sheer excitement and anticipation your experiencing and will experience after its arrival. I have seen but never drove the TC 33, or 35 but have looked at them in the yard. They look great. I was just a little surprised about the shut off from the seat switch. Personally that would never do for me, but it is understandable, especially when others use your equipment. Best of Joy and Luck with your tractor, Rat...

/ new tc35d owner
peter, Independence is just west of Galax, ~60 SW of Roanoke. SWest of I-77 intersection of I-81. It's up in the mountains about 3500'. It has some of the largest hemlock trees I've seen. About 3 hours from here in Apex NC just outside of Raleigh. We bought the land for an little R&R and a possible future "lodge". It's so quiet and laidback. We've camped there a few times and hunted it too.
Did you get the NH brush guard option? Just wondering how well the design works?
gary

/ new tc35d owner #8  
At the time I bought I don't think there was a brush guard option. What is it like? I've only been as far South that way as the Natural Bridge. I bet Independence is real nice. The view must be great!

Peter

/ new tc35d owner #9  
Hey, I know where Independence is. I grew up in Wythe County, one county over, Fort Chiswell really. That's where I-77 and I-81 intersect. I have lived in Richmond, VA for the last 10 years, although we're moving to Roanoke in a few weeks so we'll be closer to our families.

Still don't have a tractor yet, but I'm leaning toward the <font color=blue>TC35/40D</font color=blue>. But I guess I have to get the house built first so I'll have somewhere to keep it. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

-Brad