New To 2WD Tractors.....????

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #31  
The 820 weighs 4000 lbs without ballast and filling the rear tires should add another 800 lbs or better. Running my MX6 with the 820 made the front end very light but I think you could add about 400 lbs of iron weight and solve that problem. There is a trade off to adding the front weight without power steering though and I found that most implements were fine to use without the added weight. From my experience I would add about 300 lbs of rear iron weight to each rear and try that first. That tractor only has 31 pti hp and 600 lbs of rear ballast would handle most jobs such as disking at 5 to 6 mph. Adding more weight than that would bog the engine down imo.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....????
Added rim guard to the rears and a big difference going up and down hills, plus it doesn't feel so bouncy now. Thanks all that replied. I will say this about the 2wd tractor vs my 4wd, the old 2wd is much more fun to use, it feels old school and the gears instead of hyrdrostat, the big garbage can steering wheel with a suicide knob, the tickity tick engine and no ROPS. Big metal fenders and the old school look. It's like a 70's muscle car vs. a little rice burner. ....Too cool.

I put a backhoe on my 4wd tractor so this 820's job is going to be for pulling trees, brush hogging and box blade work.

photo3_zps6e34de10.jpg

Last edited:
   / New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #33  
Looks real good and should be a nice tractor for you. If I could have figured out a need for mine I would have kept it.