New (to me) Kubota purchase advice

/ New (to me) Kubota purchase advice
If they are a good dealer they will welcome a new customer. Have to think long term. I bought my first Kubota elsewhere when I need some work and have bought four more from the "new" dealer.

Yeah, I figured that would be the case. thanks.

/ New (to me) Kubota purchase advice #12  
I have a real preference for older tractors with low hours. That's where I've found all my best deals. Twenty years ago was a very good time for the tractor industry.
My advice: when you find one that your instinct says is right, don't be so cautious that you lose it.
rScotty

/ New (to me) Kubota purchase advice
I have a real preference for older tractors with low hours. That's where I've found all my best deals. Twenty years ago was a very good time for the tractor industry.
My advice: when you find one that your instinct says is right, don't be so cautious that you lose it.
rScotty

I hear ya! In my part of NC it is a sellers market! I just pulled the trigger...

/ New (to me) Kubota purchase advice #14  
I hear ya! In my part of NC it is a sellers market! I just pulled the trigger...

I'm glad you did....wondered if you would.
When you get time we'd all like to see some pictures and see how it is set up.
rScotty

/ New (to me) Kubota purchase advice #15  
Yeah, older (but quality) tractors are where you find real value. My L3400, maybe a 2006, but I don't really know or care, only has 670 or so hours, purchased about 6 years ago for about half what an equivalent new machine would cost, but with the advantage of being just what I wanted, with a SSQA loader and one rear remote, plus first owner-added extendable links, has been totally reliable and dependable. Used pretty much for firewood gathering/moving and snow removal, it sits most of the time in a barn. Other than changing fluids and filters at 600 hours, nothing other than oil changes. Using Kubota materials, the service cost me maybe $200, and it's now good for another bunch of years. Best of all, I should be able to sell it for about what I have in it, assuming no damage or failures. Hoses and belts look fine, but storing it indoors accounts for a lot of that. I've added tire chains, rear wheel spacers, a tooth bar, full LED lighting and some other mods, but even those were bought "used" mostly, from a guy who had sold his Kubota dealership and was selling left over stuff out of his storage building.

/ New (to me) Kubota purchase advice #16  
I noticed you asked about hoses.
My 2004 is starting to lose hoses 1 at a time.
I have an expensive hose builder within 5 miles of my home, an inexpensive within 15 miles and a dealer 30 miles out.
I do not do time-critical work very often, so I have chosen to wait them (the hoses) out.
Something to consider...

/ New (to me) Kubota purchase advice #17  
rScotty

Excellent advice !!!