Buying Advice New to the forum and trying to learn

/ New to the forum and trying to learn #1  

masseynewbie

Tractor
Not Sure, 135
Greetings, I am new to this forum and am hoping to upgrade from my 8n Ford. Looking at a Massey 135 and trying to learn as much as I can before I make a purchase. Can anyone figure the year of this Massey from the pictures? The seller doesn't know much about it. It is gas, not diesel. Most of the MF 135s I have looked at have a rear end which looks like my 8n Ford. This one looks different, more like the industrial Fords I have seen. Can anyone tell me why this rear axle looks different than what I am used to seeing? Any other info you can determine from the pictures would be helpful too. Thanks.
00e0e_5IW5zViAkbH_600x450.jpg00M0M_cJ91K0uRLg9_600x450.jpg00n0n_acyRiwFLqvR_600x450.jpg

/ New to the forum and trying to learn #3  
It's got the cast iron rear axle housings which is why they are so big, they are usually (but not 100%) found on tractors for orchards. They have to be made thicker, and heavier to be as strong as the ones with small round axle housings made of malleable iron (both the 135, and 8N had those malleable iron axle housings). Can't give you a exact year just buy looking at it, but the parts are still easy to get. If you can find the tag near, or around the steering column/dash area with the serial number then we could find out what year model. It's a nice looking tractor, and its a lot better tractor than the old 8N.

/ New to the forum and trying to learn
Thanks a lot Kenneth. Really appreciate the reply. That explains why the rear looks different from others I have seen. I have requested the seller send me serial number and some better pictures. Will be glad to share my findings.

/ New to the forum and trying to learn
Seller sent me the serial number today and it is as follows... 9A T50803

/ New to the forum and trying to learn #6  
It's a 1972 year model, there is no T in the serial number, but the number 1 will look like it 9A 150803.