New To The List

/ New To The List #1  

RFischer

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
I'm new to this list and I'm considering purchasing a Satoh Bull S-630 diesel 25 HP with 1780 hrs, turf tires, 5 ft Woods finish mower and a 6 ft grader blade from the man who is selling his house to me. Is there a way to determine the value? He's asking $5,500. I will have 6 total acres with about 3 acres to mow. The blade is for snow removal on an asphalt drive about 200 ft.

/ New To The List #2  
Here's my gut reaction and others are free to disagree. I think the price is high for a 20 year old 2 wheel drive equipped with only a mower and blade. $4000 to $4500 would be fairer. While 1780 hours is not excessive, it is alot of hours for the asking price. Does the mower have all those hours on it? What does the tractor look like? Has it had regular maintenance and have repairs been made correctly. Any leaks from radiator, engine, trans or rear end. Tractors used for mowing may show signs of overheating if the radiator hasn't been cleaned properly. Parts are still available because the basic chassis and engine were used on alot of different models and used parts can be had. But some parts , such as rods, have become obsolete. Shop around your area a little. What can you buy for $5500? I bet you can get a newer tractor and mower with fewer hours for the same money. Call 540-345-9650 (Va) if you want to discuss it. Bill (Valley Power Products)

/ New To The List #3  
Richard, I agree with Bill. I think the tractor alone would not bring more than $3500. A new mower should be able to be purchased for around $1500. I own the exact same tractor having purchased it new in 1981. It has never needed any repairs and has 2200 hours on it. Great tractor! Please be aware however parts are going to be harder and harder to obtain and prices will only go higher. Example, a new hydraulic pump is over $1000, a water pump over $300. I'm keeping my Bull because I can't replace it with another tractor for anywhere near the same money but if it has a catastrophic failure, I may be selling it as parts rather than trying to fix it. Good luck.

I'm attaching a photo of my 1981 Bull. (No - the keys were not in the ignition, they were in my pocket. Grandson has several more years to go before driving it.)

Attachments

• 51-129753-Mitsubishi(Satoh)Bull.jpg
    51-129753-Mitsubishi(Satoh)Bull.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 826