New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420

/ New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420 #1  

jbepyx

Tractor
steiner 420
I've enjoyed my Steiner 420 for over 25 years and do most of the maint myself- pictured with a newly installed seat. 1500 hours and still going strong. I'm used to the frequent bolt tightening but I love the design and construction. I have 2 current issues I'm looking for advise on: I'm trying to figure out the cause of some excessive play between the front half and the rear half when I put down pressure on my plow. Looks like it is either the top pivot or the bottom link bar associated with the articulating joint. Any clues?
Also, I have a 48" plow that has worn elongated hole where the pivoting hydraulic cylinder connects to the plow frame lift arm. The cylinder connects with a 1" pin and I'd like to tighten up the connection so I don't have play in the blade. I can imagine a bush fix welding a plate on top with a tighter hole but I'm wondering if there is a bushing kit that might make a better fit.

Looking forward to connecting to other Steiner and Ventrac owners.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_195611.jpg
    IMG_20191226_195611.jpg
    940.1 KB · Views: 298
   / New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420 #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site... from wherever in the world you're from.

/ New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420 #3  
That piece of flat bar with the joints on the end, on the undersie at the articulation point, needs to be replace to take that slop out of it. Some versions were greasable, others were not.

/ New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420 #4  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420 #6  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Ventrac section.

/ New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420 #7  
That piece of flat bar with the joints on the end, on the undersie at the articulation point, needs to be replace to take that slop out of it. Some versions were greasable, others were not.

You can see THAT in the picture provided, or just making a good guess?

prs

/ New to this forum - long time owner of a Steiner 420 #8  
No, I have owned a couple and still own one.