New toothbar, bucket hooks and oops

/ New toothbar, bucket hooks and oops #1  

notamustang

Gold Member
Tractor
BX 2230
Fab-co 23 series adapters and teeth.
Bucket hooks 5/16 slip center and 5/16 grabs on the outside edge.

Attachments

• 623814-Bucket hooks and toothbar.JPG
    623814-Bucket hooks and toothbar.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 704
   / New toothbar, bucket hooks and oops
3PH oops /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 623817-3ph oops1.jpg
    623817-3ph oops1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 592
   / New toothbar, bucket hooks and oops #3  
And 'what' are we looking at in the 'oops' pic? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This piece that has been fixed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Its the stabilizer for the 3PH, the u-bolt is at a roghly 75 degree angle. The weld on the bolt broke free on one side.
I should also add what everyone with a toothbar says, GAWD THIS IS GREAT !!! I posted somewhere elese that I was happy but shoud have gone with a 6 tooth bar. I was contemplating adding 4 more teeth between but that bar is so heavy now I woont be able to pick anything up. I am re-thinking how bullit proof my grapple is going to be. That is a lot of extra weight on the front of the BX. I figure something out.
Steven

Attachments

• 623916-3PH un oops 1.JPG
    623916-3PH un oops 1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 405
   / New toothbar, bucket hooks and oops #5  
Nice looking bar and hooks!
Did you determine if the stabilizer was a factory failure or if you did something to stress it too much?

Thanks HomeBrew2. It was the loose nut, the behind the wheel /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
The area I was working was a little tight and I was dragging the box blade on one corner. The soil is similar to dragging across chunks of concrete. The clay with rocks inbeded make a very stable surface /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. On a side note the GearMore box blade is fine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attached is a better pick of the hooks. I found while cutting the hooks down to use my grinder with a cutting wheel as opposed to my chop saw. I tried tack wellding one of the hooks to a piece of flat bar and then cutting with the chop saw, I glazed the wheel /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. The mount is just a piece of 2x angle

Attachments

• 624131-bucket hooks.JPG
    624131-bucket hooks.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 311
   / New toothbar, bucket hooks and oops #7  
Thanks, I just like to keep track of how stuff gets broken cuz I know whatever somebody else breaks, I'll be breaking it too sooner or later /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Re: chopsaw glazing. Most folks probably know this trick but, for those that don't, I wanted to pass it along: I keep a bench grinder dressing tool on hand whenever using the chopsaw to keep the wheel clean. On long thick cuts, I even dress it while cutting. It's amazing how well it works.