New tractor help

/ New tractor help #11  
I just bought a DK45 after going through a lot of the same considerations you did, and looking pretty closely at the LK3054 and the CK30. The 3054 is a great value and a very capable tractor, but I agree with all of the posters here who pointed out the advantages of the CK30. One thing I didn't see mentioned so far that was a factor for me, with similar geography and terrain to what you describe, is the 3" better ground clearance of the CK30 over the LK3054. That, and a little bit wider stance and longer wheelbase, along with the shuttle and the additional year of warranty coverage, pushed the balance over for me. In the end I got a bigger tractor for other reasons (loader/backhoe capacity, etc), but all of the LK3054, CK30 and DK series that I tried seemed like very solid, well put-together tractors, and if your experience is anything like mine, you'll be really happy with your Kioti. Post pics when you have 'em, eh?

--Rich

/ New tractor help
Actually the wider stance and length did come into considerations. I am a little nervous about taking it on some of the hills. This is also part of the reason I went with the R4 tires, the wider the more stable, along with one of your earlier posts about the R4's haveing a stronger sidewall. I have cut a lot of small brush so far with chainsaws, can't wait for the bush hog!!!, and I don't want any of those stumps going through the tires. The dealer said he would deliver it this afternoon or tomorrow morning, seems like it's been a month since I put the deposit down but it was only 2 days ago. I do have some pics posted of my sugarhouse and land, but will get some more as soon as the tractor gets here.