New Tractor Owner! But you won't believe this!

/ New Tractor Owner! But you won't believe this! #21  
Re: New Tractor Owner! But you won\'t believe this!

Traci,

Congratulations on your purchase!

It sounds like you got roughly one thousand three hundred dollars off the price of a new one, if the price I got for my new one is any guide.

My tractor is still at the dealer's place, but I paid $15,500 for my new "loader ready", 4WD, TC-40A with R4 (industrial) tires. The 16LA loader was an additional $3800.

That's a little over ten dollars saved for every hour of previous service on your used model. Not bad, if I must say so myself. I'd probably gone for that used one myself, had it been at my dealer instead of yours!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Tractor Owner! But you won't believe this! #22  

Following up to what you said below. I am guessing... i don't know. But I think the issue is that you live in VA, but would take delivery from their store. If you actualy go to NC to get the tractor you have to pay NC sales tax. Is dependant on where you take physical delivery of the tractor. I am willing to bet that their NH contract will be pulled in the not to distant future. They pretty well manage to piss off every NH dealer on the east coast. Its unusual to refuse to do warrenty work, but quite common to refuse to give priority to a tractor bought from a rouge dealer.

While it sounds like you have cold feet about your purchace, I think in the long run you will be happy. You got a great price on that TC40. I bet your jumpy because you did not really take the time to think things though before commiting.

"Also I guess another thing that scared me off from going to N. Carolina (buying from corrier for a much cheaper price and getting the TC24) is that the salesman in Fredericksburg today said he REFUSED to do warrenty work on them. He said they are operating illegally by not charging sales tax, my come back to that was "They don't charge it, doesn't mean I don't pay it" there is a spot on your VA tax return where you are suppose to list any purchases made in which you didn't pay sales tax. Now thinking about it I just don't see how a dealer could refuse warrenty work. Whats everyones take?
"

/ New Tractor Owner! But you won't believe this! #23  

WOW, thats quite a jump from a TC24 to a TC40 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif!! I think you got a good deal and I know you will be more than pleased. If you're like me, if you had passed on this tractor, you would have second - guessed that decision also. I realize this is easier said than done, but stop wondering "what if" and enjoy that new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif!! Also, please don't be offended by Jinmans comments. As you spend more time on this forum, you will come to find he is quite a knowledgable person with some very good insight. I respect his comments and advice. As questions and problems crop up down the road (and they will), I would be willing to bet he will be quick to give you an "experienced" answer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Now tell hubby to go fix supper so you can get some tractor "work" done /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

/ New Tractor Owner! But you won't believe this!

Trkbldr,

We we over your way not too long ago, we bought my husbands 2003 Dodge Ram-Quad cab 4x4 off of ebay and rode the bus to Louisville (quite an interesting experience) to pick it up. Our ride home was much nicer riding in his dream truck and looking at the Beautiful countryside ya'll have.

Thanks for the input and I do hope that jinman will continue to offer me his advise. I will definately need it going with this big tractor

/ New Tractor Owner! But you won't believe this! #25  

VaTractorGirl, the scenery around here is almost as beautiful as it is in Va. After that compliment, I won't even be upset that your husband bought a Dodge instead of a Ford SuperDuty /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ New Tractor Owner! But you won't believe this!

Trkbldr,

Duh, I am so stupid, I just read your bio, I should have known you were in the automotive industry by your screen name. Oh, well his choice not mine, I do like it though, the doors open the right way and when you are trying to get 4 kids in there you need all the help you can get /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif