New tractor

/ New tractor #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
My tractor finally got delivered early last evening.

I got a NH 2120 (43 hp) gear.
-7309 loader with 72" bucket
-759c hoe with 24" bucket
-Curtis hard side cab with heater, wipres, lights
-Valby chipper single roller hydrualic feed
-loaded rear tires

Got to use it fro about an hour. Didn't get to try the chipper yet. I have used a front loaderin the past before but not the back hoe.
I was very surprised at how smooth the hoe operates (had the rpm between 1500 and 2000). Dug a hole and filled it in. Tried to move some feild stone. I have done some searching in the archives for a thumb for the hoe. Has any body made one (mechanical type). I have a lot of feild stone to move and rebuild some walls. Also does any one know who makes the 759c hoe. The hoe is subframe mounted and the three point arms are left on the tractor.

This form has helped me a lot. Been reading posts for almost a year. Lots of info and ideas. Muhammad does an excellent job. Thanks to all for your help. I wonder how many year experience it would be if one were to add up all the individuals experience?

I'm sure I will have many more questions.

Again many THANKS

/ New tractor #2  
Rowski,

Congratulations! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif That big boy ought to do some great work for you!

Good Luck, have fun sounds like a great set-up! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ New tractor #3  
Rowski, that is the tractor I had. If you have a question, I might be able to answer it. What tire setup does it have? Mine had the 28's on the rear. I used the loader to do alot of digging. It works really well in 1st or 2nd when digging. It may seem slower, but there is no bounce or jarring and it eases into even some of the toughest dryed out dirt. A tooth bar would have been an asset, although
I'm sure I would have punctured the pipe we were installing and repairing at the time. Also, make sure you clean the prescreen in front of the radiator on occasion, it will get dirty and overheat. Check the transmission to engine bolts on occasion to as with a alot of loader work they tend to loosen and then you loose the hydraulic fluid. Two of them are under the indents under the floor mat. Heres one other thing that is odd to say the least. Twice I had the diesel running backwards. Yep, it sounds odd, but the sucker actually runs in reverse to. It becomes real obvious to, the exhaust pipe sucks, the are intake blows and there is no power. It sounds different in a quiet sort of way. It happens when you plow into a pile of dirt and almost stall the motor. It almost stops and then you push in the clutch and it recovers, only on very rare occasions it starts running backwards. The first time it happened I was dumbfounded as to what was going on, now I know. Have a blast, Rat...

/ New tractor
Thanks Rat. I will save the info for future use. I have used it for about 2 hrs now. The back hoe is really smooth and easy to learn. I dugg a hole and filled it with old wood and stuff from a room in our house we gutted. Then used the loader to push the dirt back in to the hole. That tractor can push an incrediable amout of dirt. I sure it helped a lot with all the weight of the hoe (2K lbs.).

I do have the 28's on the rear. Do you have snow and ice chains?

Thanks again.

/ New tractor #5  
No chains, but no snow and no ice either. Sometimes though in the cold of winter it dips a degree or to below 32 degrees. Rat...

/ New tractor
Must be nice. We -25 to -35 beleow zero. Seen -45 below a few year back.

/ New tractor #7  
I believe the 759C backhoe is manufactured by SMC Corporation; I purchased the smaller 756C for my 1220 last year, and the sheet of specifications I got from the local New Holland dealer had been faxed to them by SMC. The dealer indicated that the 756C, 757C, and 759C backhoes were all made by the same outfit.

During a recent visit to the dealership, I grabbed a brochure about various thumbs from Amulet Manufacturing Company (their website, with prices, is www.amuletmfg.com). I haven't had any chance to discuss them with the dealership; I suspect my unit is too small for them.

I know practically nothing about backhoe thumbs; are they useful for stonewall construction? I have hundreds of feet of old walls on my property that need repair/rebuilding, as well as new walls we want to add, and some device to help lift and position the rocks would be great. (I saw someone lifting rocks in Vermont with what looked like a heavy pair of 3-jawed skidding tongs, suspended from a loader bucket. Anyone ever seen something similar?)

/ New tractor #8  
AndyH - I would think it would be very handy for moving stone. I've used mine for similar stuff. There's a few posts here already on this subject. Do a search on 'thumb' and you should get them. Mine is from Sales Attachments, and it's mounted on a Bradco 609 backhoe.

Mark