New type oil fiters BX1830

/ New type oil fiters BX1830 #1  

DGS

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 1830 BX
I just got oil filters for my BX1830 and these things are way smaller than the old one that I have on it now, does anyone know about this.
The numbers on the filter is: HH150-32430.
Also it's made in China.
If anybody else has run into this scenario I would appreciate a reply as it's holding me up from changing my oil. When I called my dealer the parts kid said that that was the right numbers but they have been wrong in the past and I don't trust the kid's answers anymore.
Thanks
DGS

Last edited:
   / New type oil fiters BX1830 #2  
DGS

The part number HH150-32430 is correct, but there is no dimensional detail given in the various parts look up sites (tractorsmart, messicks, etc).

Wix has the following info on the p/n crossover:

Part Number: 51365
UPC Number: 765809513655
Principal Application: Ford (92-97), Honda (00-11), Infiniti/Nissan (95-10), Mazda (97-07), Mercury (91-96), Saab (05-06), Subaru (88-11), Suzuki (09-11), Cub Cadet, Yanmar, John Deere, Kawasaki, Kobelco, Outboard Marine Engines, Various ATV/ Motorcycle (00-11), Subaru 4EAT, R4AX-EL spin-on transmission filter
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 2.577
Outer Diameter Top: 2.685
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 20X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11

You can compare with the dimensional data above.

/ New type oil fiters BX1830
Thanks for the information, it seems that it will fit a lot of different applications.
DGS

/ New type oil fiters BX1830 #4  
The "bore and stroke" of that BX filter is very, very common. There are, however, many canister sizes available, even from Kubota. I suppose it's the luck of the draw which one your counter guy hands you. Small, medium, or large. They all work just fine.

Given a choice, I kinda like the one with the larger oil capacity on my truck, car or tractor.

/ New type oil fiters BX1830
So do I bp flick but the parts people say that this is the only filter that they stock as the other Kubota filters are no longer available. It does not make sense to me when a larger filter that will fit is no longer stocked.

/ New type oil fiters BX1830 #6  
IHaving been an engineer with a filter company for 21 years, I have witnessed the problems associated with 'out sourcing', buying something made by another company and selling it as your own product. Many manufacturers are going to China because they work cheap, not because their quality is better. China manufacturing is more on the order of high-tech counterfeiting. Plants there are left to get their own material sources even if given a material specification. Same for products made in Mexico. There are some real issues with Mexico as a manufacturer of anything. Many companies have learned that lesson by investing there and returning to the US or their native country to achieve product quality that is up to the standard of their brand name whether it is a filter or automobile part. While Kubota appears to have gone to China as the source of their OE filter, that does not mean it is the best part. But it does mean that they will more likely stand behind their filter if there is an issue in the engine caused by a filter quality problem. You may find a US made filter that you like better (size or oil capacity) but could encounter warranty problems if that filter causes engine damage. Getting aftermarket filter companies to pay damage claims is worse than pulling teet on a tiger. Stay with the OEM filter at least until your warranty has expired. I woiuld give the same adviice on any engine or manchine. We make OEM filters for some companies and we make a lot more aftermarket filter products. The OEM like Kubota or other tractor or engine manufacturer's have their reputation at stake whtn they specify the filter. That filter product represents that company and their entire company product line. It makes no sense for them to sacrifice their reputation in order to make a few more cents when they make many dollars selling tractors, engines or genuine parts. The aftermarket filter company has much less at stake since they have to sell many filters to make the same profit amount as the OE does on the tractor. Stick with the OE filter or part (for that mattter). You spent hard earned money on your tractor (what ever brand). Why get cheap and hurt yourself when it comes to a few filters. You cannot possibly save that much on a filter over the OE filter in order to use the savings to pay for engine damage repairs caused by the aftermarket filter. Again, stay with the OEM filter.

/ New type oil fiters BX1830 #7  
I don't have any issue with "staying with OEM" for oil filters, although FieldServiceEngineer didn't exactly inspire my confidence in a Kubota oil filter made in China with his report.

This is merely an observation, so take it for what it's worth.

In over two years of following this forum, I have no remembrance of anyone ever reporting an oil filter from Wix, NAPA, Fleetguard, Balwin/Hastings etc failing and trashing their engine. If there had been even a couple such incidents among the tens of thousands of TBN members, I just got a feeling we'd have heard about it in spades. Just saying.

/ New type oil fiters BX1830 #8  
I don't have any issue with "staying with OEM" for oil filters, although FieldServiceEngineer didn't exactly inspire my confidence in a Kubota oil filter made in China with his report.

This is merely an observation, so take it for what it's worth.

In over two years of following this forum, I have no remembrance of anyone ever reporting an oil filter from Wix, NAPA, Fleetguard, Balwin/Hastings etc failing and trashing their engine. If there had been even a couple such incidents among the tens of thousands of TBN members, I just got a feeling we'd have heard about it in spades. Just saying.

I use a non-Kubota oil filter and works fine. Made in the USA since I did the oil change 2 weeks ago! UOA showz it is fine.

FieldServiceEngineer is doing what most Comps are; Outsource is cheap, but China produces junk until they get nailed from their parent comp (owner) on quality. It take them MANY years to get up-to-speed here. And there hour rates are going up too!

If you use an aftermarket filter they CANOT deny you anything based on the federal laws.

I say skip the $9 OEM filter when a NAPA $4 is just as good if not better. Based on pleet size, DIA, etc.

Last edited: